whenever im using the floyd rose on my ibanez (depress all the way down and then pull all the way up) the nut on the head near the high E seems to click. is that normal? its my first FR so i dont know what supposed to happen and whats not.

thanks!
maybe it's because the string touches the nut??
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
Quote by tequilamolotov
whenever im using the floyd rose on my ibanez (depress all the way down and then pull all the way up) the nut on the head near the high E seems to click. is that normal? its my first FR so i dont know what supposed to happen and whats not.

thanks!

yeah it happens to me all the time and it is really annoying when i do a dive bomb slowly you can hear the crack in the amp but if i do it quickly it never sounds. i some times think it is because the neck is to tight but i really don't know.
its the string sticking to the locking nut, then giving way a little bit. A scary sound like the string might snap?
i suck but THATS OK!
Yea the nut moves thats why it clicks. It might not be completely tightened down
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Yeah, the nut is loose. Take off the bolts and tighten down the screws underneath that attaches it to the neck. If one wont tighten down because the wood is stripped out from it being loose too long; glue a piece of a toothpick in the hole with super glue and screw the screw back in. It's very common.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro