they got laptops on sale for 600 bucks, good price. can anyone tell me, is HP or sony better? thanks!
LOL
Depends on the specs mate... I find Sony a wee bit over priced, I have a HP and it does the job
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
asus!
lol umm i say the HP
i've had better experiences with them
but if you can
get an asus
Dick+strings= owww
Depends entirely on the specs.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yeah Asus is awesome but its to pricey, here are the links.
sony
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=227479#availability
Hp
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-G60-127NR-15-6-Widescreen-Laptop-G60-127NR/sem/rpsm/oid/228105/catOid/-12961/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
thanks again! ohh yeahs its for basic things, college, music, internet.
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Nov 27, 2008,
i have an HP, had it for about 2 years and its still better than most laptops that are out now. 2 gigs of ram, intel core 2 duo, and 120 gigs of memory
Between those too def the HP the sony are almost always overpriced but i guess it depends on the two you are looking at.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
HP out of those two, but Dell laptops kick both of their arses.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
techninally the Sony is slightly better because the intel runs just a tad faster when compared to the hp's AMD processor.

BUT if you are not using for anything hardcore then it wont matter (and i doubt you are because you would have to get an even faster processor)

The HP also has HDMI out so if you have an HDTV to plug in then that is a plus

other then that all is the same pretty much
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
hp all the way.

dells don't kick that much ass jonn0, my mates dell decided to turn off the wireless internet and it won't turn back on

also avoid acer, mine just stopped turning on about 3 weeks after i bought it, took it back to pc world and got a hp that kicks so much ass its not even funny
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
dells don't kick that much ass jonn0, my mates dell decided to turn off the wireless internet and it won't turn back on

I've had no problems with mine, apart from my sister downoading viruses, but ALG sorted that out. 3 years old and still quite fast.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Asus or MacBook Pro

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by GaijinFoot
so sick of these threads like the make of a laptop makes a difference

its does, why do you think no one buys compaq? or gateways?
LOL
Quote by SiKh22

spec vs price is the way to shop for a laptop
My gf's toshiba has the same specs as a sony viao or whatever they are called. Toshiba was a good few hundred less.
Quote by SiKh22

No it doesn't. They are all the exact same inside, same components. It's just the lettering on the outside.
As an IT bod I have not had direct contact with HP or Sony for a few years now. Dell or IBM only in a corporate environment

One thing that I will say is that getting a viao RMA'd and sent off for a warranty repair used to be a major chore. People say it's better now, but everytime I had delaings with Sony they would make me angry....

and you wouldn't like me whin I'm angry!
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by thefeedingend
No it doesn't. They are all the exact same inside, same components. It's just the lettering on the outside.

This is complete pish - where are you getting your info from?
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by cuthbertg
This is complete pish - where are you getting your info from?

saying the exact same is a bit of a stretch but at least as far as the common specs go they are the same.

I say that as a person who builds his own pc every 4 years-ish and saves £300+ on the dell model.
Quote by rtbsmgsmf
i have an HP, had it for about 2 years and its still better than most laptops that are out now. 2 gigs of ram, intel core 2 duo, and 120 gigs of memory

Ditto. Except mine's a Compaq. But they're made by HP anyway.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I'm looking for one too; i'll be using it for college work, music, gaming, internet. (basically everything)
£400 is highest i'll go, any suggestions?