Friend sent me pics of this, i know its a Hondo, but i'm unsure of the model, it's either rare, or its low-end, but i cant be sure, take a look anyway, its the pinkone, ignore the Epiphone LP in the second pic btw

Any ideas what it might be?
lp knock off. almost certainly. prob bad quality.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Well Hondo were reknowned for making good quality copies of more extensive guitar brands i thought?

Anyway, know how much its worth? i know its in bad condition.
Is it a bolt on or set neck? Can he send you a pic of the head stock front and back? Some Hondos were pretty decent and some rare models can bring a decent price.

It looks like a basic Hondo LP Copy probably plywood with Samshin pups.
It looks like an older late 80's one I used to have. Does it say Hondo or HondoII on the head? Not a bad guitar (mine anyways) but it wasn't slellar. Good action, so-so sound.
Yea you're not looking at anything that's valuable. Looks like any other Japanese knock-off. Although some of them aren't bad players...
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by TatarSalad2
It has one volume knob?
It looks like crap... Probably not worth much.

What's wrong with 1 volume knob, plenty of great guitars have only 1 volume knob, such as this:

and TS how are you liking the neck pickup on the Red guitar I'm sure your getting some amazing tonez out of it LMAO!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
If you look close it it has another pot it's just missing a knob. Hondo guitars were not bad of course there were some dogs in the line up. I had a few LP and Flying V copies by them that were great. I still have my Hondo Sting I bought new in the 80s for $95.00 that usually sells for around 600 bucks now. Aside from a pup swap the guitar is stock and plays very well and with the new pups sounds amazing.

John
Well I can tell you one thing and that is that Hondo is Known for making absolutely magnificent copies of guitars aswell as making some really wierd guitars of their own.

I'd check Harmony Central for the exact serial or something.

But that guitar just owns :P
Quote by senghir
Well I can tell you one thing and that is that Hondo is Known for making absolutely magnificent copies of guitars aswell as making some really wierd guitars of their own.

I'd check Harmony Central for the exact serial or something.

But that guitar just owns :P

You do realise this thread is just about a year old now without a response and the ts has probably gone off into his own world and will not look at this thread again?
This is a Hondo 732 Deluxe Series. Built and sold in the early 1980's. I know because I own a very similar one and have had it since I was 16 in 1982! It was bought for me brand new and in bright pillar box (post box) red.

Over the years I have owned it, it has sustained minor damage and chips. I have replaced the Kluson style tuners with Dr Parts ones. The electronics in it have never failed and the action and neck have always been excellent. The tone sucked until one day I adjusted the bridge. The Humbuckers produce heeps of sound and can offer a great range of tones. You can see pictures of it here on the link below.

[forbidden link]

You may think these are cheap and worth nothing, but the history and the fact they are no longer produced has created a reasonable amount of interest in these guitars. I can only guess that my guitar could sell in the range of between $200 to $500. Most are collectable and should be restored for investment purposes. And they do really perform as one fellow on YouTube demonstrates quite well.

The neck is fat and makes it easy for banana fingered guitarists like myself to play. Yep, this post is old, but I suppose I have stumbled upon it a few times now and thought I should shed some light on the subject. Overall a good guitar. DO NOY UNDERESTIMATE IT!

I also have several other guitars, and I suppose I like all of them too. Sentimental value for this one though, I can not sell it. My Dad bought it for me.