Ive been playing for about 2 years now and i have a les paul studio electric and a linesix spider 3 amp (not the best i know). I would like to buy some effects and a footboard. I was thinking of getting the Blackstar HT-DUAL for distortion,LineSix echo park for delay and maybe Visual Sound V2 Series V2H2O H2O for chorus.

Would those be ok? And does the V@ h2o act as delay as well?
And what pedals would be a neccesity?
As everyone else probably will, I'm going to suggest you get a new amp instead. Perhaps something like this: Epiphone Valve Junior

Then, depending on your budget, you'll have some money left over to spend on effects. They'll also sound much better with a tube amp.
Last edited by Liam4 at Nov 27, 2008,
i really reccomend getting a new amp first as pedals will not sound good through a spider. but i cant comment on the distortion, but the echo park is a good digital delay and i have not played the h20 to comment.
If you havnt got a clue about 'effects' then how do you know that you want them?
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
well instead of getting those pedals you could definatly get a good amp, and probably still have money left over
Quote by monopotassium
yea i just dont have alot of money for an amp,and im not sure what the best amp would be

Is my previous post invisible? £90 is probably the average cost of a single pedal so if you can afford to buy 'effects' you can definately afford to get that amp, plus some effects even.
What style do you play? A valve junior can't cover heavier styles unless you heavily mod it and get pedals.

We need your budget and styles.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
What style do you play? A valve junior can't cover heavier styles unless you heavily mod it and get pedals.

We need your budget and styles.

A single distortion pedal would get it into metal territory, although I agree that if he mostly plays heavy stuff the VJ isn't the best. It's still the cheapest tube amp you can buy though.
your amp will sound terrible with pedals...there's a reason it has built in effects.
i played a vox the other day and i remembered " yeah a lot of guys on UG suggest this instead of the spider and stuff" so if anyone wants to say the name and quote it do so... GET THAT
it might be the same or even less then the pedals you want. honestly
i have a line 6 and i only use it in my bedroom, while my 6505+ is downstairs and everything.
get a good amp,if your lucky itl have some effects in it. this one does
is it the vox AD something?
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
ok,after reading your replies i started looking at the Peavey Vypyr 60-watt amp,its at the max of my budget ,i was thinking that or maybe a blackheart BH15-112. ANyone know about those?Im going to try them out tomorrow at guitar center
line 6 Spider III> marshall MG
vyper > spider III
valvetronix > vyper
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
i love my brand new valvetronix