hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone could help me with finding (or creating) decent synth sounds on reason that will match as closely as possible to tainted love by soft cell,

if anyone knows the original instruments that the song was played on that might also help,

the song has begun to get on my nerves, as we have to have 20 hours of controlled conditions sequencing it, but i really want to try and make it as best as i can so i thought that i'd do some digging and asking around,

so anyone who has reason, took music tech, or knows stuff about synths post here and share your knowledge, i will try and reply to you as soon as possible, but i'm about to go to bed now so it wont be until later tomorow, any help is welcome

i just want to move onto the live recording, i will do soo much better at it, and it wont annoy the hell out of me like this song has lol.

cheers
Mitch
I know it has a distinct 80's reverb on it, which defined most of the sounds from that era.

and WOOHOO 1000th post

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I'm doing this for Music Tech A-Level

I've got all the stuff inputed, just got to get the right instruments sounds.
I know it has a distinct 80's reverb on it, which defined most of the sounds from that era.

and WOOHOO 1000th post

yeh i've got the reverb sorted, cause it's relativley easy to put that onto the track, but its the main sounds of the instuments that are getting me stumped :\ it sucks lol cheers anyway man and happy posting (Y)

I'm doing this for Music Tech A-Level

I've got all the stuff inputed, just got to get the right instruments sounds.

we are behind on our sequencing so i've only done the drums and all the bassline, i'm doing the annoying little beeps atm but its really difficult to get them in the right place, cause some of them are at slightly differing points of the song, it doesnt remain constant.

what are you using for your sound creation?
You probably won't be able to duplicate the exact sound. I mean, you can get really close but, I would just play around with the obvious settings and try and get close. If you narrow your search to JUST that specific sound, it will be much harder and frustrating because you'll throw out sounds that aren't quite there but are still really good.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Old thread I know, but I was looking for the same answer. For anyone that is still interested, I got pretty close to the "siren" sound by adding a wavetable in thor, selecting PPG2-Bell using position 0. Add lots of reverb play a G.