I am in need of new equipment and have about $1000 to spend. I want a head and cab combo(half stack), but the trick is that it needs to be able to handle BOTH guitar and bass.

This is only for my house and will be mainly used for practice and some jamming, but no gigging. I don't need tube, solid state is fine for my needs. I have a Korg AX10G multi-effects pedal which will provide all the guitar effects I need, and I don't use effects on bass.

I would prefer if the cab is 4x10 or 4x12 and has a metal grill so the speakers are protected. I don't care what brand or where I buy it, but don't care for Behringer products. Also, the head doesn't need to match the cab.

I was thinking about something similar to this...

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-Goldline-500-Bass-Head-and-4x10-Bass-Cabinet-Package?sku=483504
-OR-
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ampeg-B1RE-Bass-Head-and-B410HE-4x10-Half-Stack?sku=481728

While I have $1000 to spend, the less I spend the better. I also don't mind used equipment, but nothing too old as I prefer newer equipment, not vintage stuff.

Any recommendations?
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
just because it has to handle both doesn't mean you need to double post.

On topic, I don't think there is any such amp. Unless you get two pre-amps 1 for guitar and 1 for bass. Then get a pre-amp and speakers.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
You would be surprised how many people only look at a specific forum. I didn't double post in the same forum, but rather posted the same topic in multiple forums hoping to get a different set of responses.
My gear...

Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
the orange thunderverb handles both. but the head i way out of your range nvm the cab.

just get a bass amp, so you dont blow the speaker with your bass. The guitar's high frequencies wont be too noticeable but oh well.

on another hand you could get the fender bassman. lots of guitar players play through that even though it was designed for bass.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Why a half stack instead of a combo? I need the height, puppies like to chew on items close to the ground, but can't reach above a 4x10 cab.
My gear...

Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
Quote by Staz80
Why a half stack instead of a combo? I need the height, puppies like to chew on items close to the ground, but can't reach above a 4x10 cab.

buy two combos and some wood, use the wood to build somethging to elevate your amp or maybe just a nice box you can put the amp into
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
i have a similar question as the ts, my fender rumble is not getting heard at gigs and the pa systems are pretty crappy
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
From what I hear, the Gk goldline series isn't too good so I would go with Ampeg if I were you.
Quote by FbSa
https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=SBR410

Or

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=SBR210.15
Carvin (In my opinion) makes the best quality for the price. All made in America and sold factory direct.

Now that's the type of info I am looking for. That half stack looks really good. Thanks!!!
My gear...

Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
If you're going to get one of the two you're looking at I'd go with the GK, because the Ampeg we had blew after about two weeks, we shipped it back to them and they sent it back "fixed" and we took it very easy on the amp and it blew within 3 days of having it. Whereas our GK we now use has had no problems whatso ever and we push it a lot harder than we did the Ampeg.