So I've been looking at getting a multi effects pedal and am considering three ones inparticular.

First is the Digitech RP250
http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=18&P_ID=13137&PT_ID=19

Then the Zoom G2.1u
http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=7&P_ID=10284&PT_ID=19

and Finally the Line 6 Floor Pod
http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=6&P_ID=13613&PT_ID=19

Any input on these pedals or recommendations for other pedals would be much appreciated.
I haven't used those, but I would recommend either a ME50 or a vox toneport for multi-fx. Anything else sounds far too digital for my liking.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X
I haven't used those.

me neither, but digitech always seems reliable
What's your budget?

Pod XT Live is tha shiz
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Ooh, missed that.

But if you get a good pod you can just use the amp models and line in to computer
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
pod but save for a 2.0 or an xt the pockets sucks. 2.0 xt and x3 are bombs
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
although i know you don't wanna hear it, consider getting a new amp first. agreeing with highway, your roland cube won't take pedals very well, especially a multi-effects.

BUT! i'll still recommend one for you. although i've never tried the floor pod, i use a pod xt live in my church band and it gets pretty good tone for a multi effects unit. i know the digitech isn't too great, but i've never tried out the zoom.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
As far as a new amp goes I'm looking at the 60w vypyr tube so don't worry about my cube 15 at this point. Also, the pedals you guys are recommending seem great but the only problem is they're about double my budget. So, should I even bother with a Multi-FX pedal in the $200 range?
Last edited by Shabadoo at Nov 27, 2008,
if you are getting the vypyr, dont bother bout the multi-fx
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
You think so? Will a vypyr really cover most of what an effects pedal does?
g2x they are sik!

But when you put your effects pedal through your amp only have volume on - no gain etc , the sound is much better
not the digitech, a friend of mine has one. the effects are really crappy and the tone is ****
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
You've decided to buy an amp that isn't even out yet? o.0 seems strange.

But honestly, if you're getting a Vypyr you ought to just use the effects on the vypyr.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I've owned the Zoom G2.1u for about a year now, and I'm just not satisfied with it. It has an eerie far away sound, like what one might experience listening to something with a drop of water in the ear. I much prefer the sound of my old 505II. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience. The G2.1u also actually has fewer presets. Banks A and B have 10 patches each and are for live performance while banks C and D are the same patches, but just adjusted for recording. Then those entire 4 banks are duplicated again with numbers and those apparently are not movable or alterable. I really have no idea what they are for and why there should be so much wasted patch space. Thus, there are actually only 20 different preset patches to choose from. My old 505 II had banks A - F with 6 patches in each for a total of 36 different presets. It was also clear and did not have the eerie distant feeling of the G2.1u. Also, the G2.1u does not have preselect, which my old 505 II had. The people at Zoom say they had to remove the preselect feature in the G2.1u to have faster switching speeds going from patch to patch. I think that was a big mistake. A person now has to stomp through all the in-between patches – letting them sound out -- before getting to the patch desired. I'm thinking now about buying a Digitech, but the tuners are terrible. How can they possibly expect accurate tuning with led's lighting up? When tuning, one needs a continuous transition, like what is found on the Zooms. With led’s there is too much "play" going from one to the other to have good accuracy. Any comments?
Quote by Kevin Saale
You've decided to buy an amp that isn't even out yet? o.0 seems strange.

But honestly, if you're getting a Vypyr you ought to just use the effects on the vypyr.

I'm not dead set on buying the Vypyr, right now it just appeals to me the most. I want a tube amp and I play more on the metalish side of things so it seemed like it might be a good choice. And of course I'll wait until I can actually try it out to make my final decision. Although to me the 60w does seem like overkill to me since my current 15W amp is plenty loud for what I do (bedroom and jamming with a friend who plays drums) so I was looking at a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT as well. I was also looking at some Crate amps too but got the impression they weren't the best for metal.

Quote by marksesl
I've owned the Zoom G2.1u for about a year now, and I'm just not satisfied with it. It has an eerie far away sound, like what one might experience listening to something with a drop of water in the ear. I much prefer the sound of my old 505II. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience. The G2.1u also actually has fewer presets. Banks A and B have 10 patches each and are for live performance while banks C and D are the same patches, but just adjusted for recording. Then those entire 4 banks are duplicated again with numbers and those apparently are not movable or alterable. I really have no idea what they are for and why there should be so much wasted patch space. Thus, there are actually only 20 different preset patches to choose from. My old 505 II had banks A - F with 6 patches in each for a total of 36 different presets. It was also clear and did not have the eerie distant feeling of the G2.1u. Also, the G2.1u does not have preselect, which my old 505 II had. The people at Zoom say they had to remove the preselect feature in the G2.1u to have faster switching speeds going from patch to patch. I think that was a big mistake. A person now has to stomp through all the in-between patches – letting them sound out -- before getting to the patch desired. I'm thinking now about buying a Digitech, but the tuners are terrible. How can they possibly expect accurate tuning with led's lighting up? When tuning, one needs a continuous transition, like what is found on the Zooms. With led’s there is too much "play" going from one to the other to have good accuracy. Any comments?

Thanks for the feedback on this one. I was having the most trouble finding out about this one so it's good to hear this kind of first hand feedback. And in all honesty at this point it was the one I was leaning towards the most.

So the impression I'm starting to get is that $200 is wasted on a multi effects pedal, or am I way off base on this one?
You really need POD XT Live or above and that probably isn't going to happen for $200. You get what you pay for. Modeling amps are about useless when considering something like a POD. You need to look at tube amps to get the most out of these units.
Even my crappy RP 300 sounds better through my VJ then it does through any of my SS amps. It;s going to be a bit more expensive then the Vypyrs and the Super Champs etc. That's out there, but it's a whole lot better IMOP. with the POD your getting a very detailed preamp with more processing power and with the tubes your getting well...tubes. Tone is in your wallet, spend as much as you can.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Get the Vypyr. It takes pedals great as long as you are on the green/clean channels of a low gain amp model. I use mine on it and it sounds great. SS amps WILL/DO take pedals well as long as you know what you're doing. For instance, a Cube 60 will take pedals GREAT as long as you use them on the JC-Clean setting/channel. Same goes for the Vypyr.
Don't go DigiTech, you'll be disapointed. I personally like Boss multi effects, I use an ME-20. But take advantage of GuitarCenter giving you 30 days. Take it home, bring it back in 30 days. I've even missed the return day and they've let me bring it back about a week late.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
I'm actually thinking of picking up the Boss ME-20 tonight. $200 is my limit right now, and from what I hear, this is getting the most positive reviews for its price range.
Gear-
MIM Strat Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Fender Champion 600 amp
Seagull Coastline S6 GT