I bought a 2000 Camaro for my first car a couple of months ago. I was never big into cars before but now that ive started driving im getting more interested. Anyways my Camaro is just a V6 and I'm looking for anyway to make it faster outside of buying a new engine.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

It has a standard shift 3800 Series II engine (something like 200-205hp)
Is it a 6-speed?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by silent666
Can I have car?

That'll turbo-charge it all right.
+1 to this. Get a bike TS.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Have you checked the intake? Undercarriage weight reduction? Possibly a carburetor?

The SS kit for Camaros is about $2100, and that would increase your performance.

I have a 1969 Camaro SS, and it's the perfect car for me.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I've got a high performance cold air intake on it already and its been lowered like an inch or two. Whats undercarriage weight reduction?
Quote by fobfromgermany
I've got a high performance cold air intake on it already and its been lowered like an inch or two. Whats undercarriage weight reduction?

Camaros sometimes after 1992 had a steel-induces undercarriage, making it weigh an extra 100 or so pounds.

For about $100 bucks you can get that replaced with modern, lighter pipes, if that's the case.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Have you checked the intake? Undercarriage weight reduction? Possibly a carburetor?

The SS kit for Camaros is about $2100, and that would increase your performance.

I have a 1969 Camaro SS, and it's the perfect car for me.

NO!!!
3800 series II is a V6 therefore no SS "kit", also it is fuel injected so no carburetor. Under carriage weight reduction,, Gran Turismo much? '69 Camaro is a great car though.

Anyway, I had a '97 Firebird same engine, about the only thing you can do to it is supercharge it, or turbo it. I don't know if anyone makes a kit for it or if you'd have to do a custom install. Either way it'll cost, I also think the block is cast aluminum so it'd have to be sleeved to handle the boost.
if you have a CAI you need a new exhaust system for it to have a much better effect, you could get a new pulley kit which would free up some horsepower but you'd need a pulley...puller to get the old ones off...a larger throttle body, change your differential gearing, weight reduction... and a turbo...but i don't know how much boost that engine can hold up to without something breaking...i can't think of anything else right now
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Last edited by gatewaytobeyond at Nov 27, 2008,
bleh i hate those 4th gen camaros

3rd gen are my favorite
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by Ir8sob
NO!!!
3800 series II is a V6 therefore no SS "kit", also it is fuel injected so no carburetor. Under carriage weight reduction,, Gran Turismo much? '69 Camaro is a great car though.

Anyway, I had a '97 Firebird same engine, about the only thing you can do to it is supercharge it, or turbo it. I don't know if anyone makes a kit for it or if you'd have to do a custom install. Either way it'll cost, I also think the block is cast aluminum so it'd have to be sleeved to handle the boost.

Ah. I'm not acquainted with the new Camaro engines that well

My friend had it done, but he races his as a drag. (72 Fastback SS Nova.) The process cost about $300 and reduced his weight by about 98 pounds, I think.
change out the rear end gear ratios will give you a huge acceleration jump
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by MetalMegaMan
bleh i hate those 4th gen camaros

3rd gen are my favorite

I can't wait 'till March when the 5th gen Camaro comes out, that is assuming that GM is still in business.