So we had a Direct debt bounce with the halifax, instead of them not paying it and charging 40 quid etc, they gave us an 'emergency overdraft' and charged 80 quid for the privilige. Because of various other charges which were also incurred we had to immediately pay 400 quid in Halifax charges (3 bounced ddms within 7 days).

Anyone successfully regained charges of any kind. if so whats the procedure, how long did it take and what percentage did you get back? We can just pay the mortgage but have to live on spam for a month.
To the best of my knowledge there's been a suspension on bank charge refunds until the new year because the banks are up to their eyeballs.
Quote by freedoms_stain
To the best of my knowledge there's been a suspension on bank charge refunds until the new year because the banks are up to their eyeballs.

bollocks i should have got in their earlier. so we bail the banks out to the tune of billions and then they screw me with this so i might default on my mortgage.
Quote by captaincrunk
I have, it wasn't our fault though. The charges totaled over 600, we paid a single overdraft charge of around 60, and the normal bill. Just make some calls, see who can help you out. Good luck!

my brother in law is an exec director but its a bit embarrassing considering he is on like 100k a year.