...tomorrow! i am going to guitar center first thing tomorrow at 8 when it opens. 15% off!

im just looking for last suggestions on what to try out. the guitars that i have in mind most would be either some type of strat, or a PRS SE custom. i am going to play lots of guitars though and try to find the best one.

i play a classic rock/rock/blues type stuff. zeppelin, hendrix, red hot chili peppers, srv, foo fighters. not really any metal. i would say black sabbath is about as heavy as i go.

andd my current gear is an epiphone g-310, a micro cube30x. and i have a crybaby and a boss rc-2 loop pedal.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated! thanks!
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
get a PRS SE custom(the ones around 500) or the paul allender one
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by jeremessmore
What's your budget? and based on what you said ( no matter how much I hate to say it) a Strat? or LP or possibly an SG

the budget would be around $700 max

and sorry i didnt really understand what you tried to say in that next sentence
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
I don't like the SE's, their bodies are oddly small.

i like the bodies. i think there unique. but the main thing is from what i can recall they play wonderfully
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by ldzppln81
i like the bodies. i think there unique. but the main thing is from what i can recall they play wonderfully

I wouldn't call them unique....
700 US...you could go for a strat if you wanted, or the PRS, they're always a nice guitar. Go with what feels right and sounds right.

And, just throwing it out there...you may want a nicer amp...I know from experience that a good amp can make a lower-end guitar sound much better.

But yeah, for what you're wanting to play, the PRS or the strat would be good. In fact, a lot of the artists you listed as influences used strats. Not Foos or Sabbath, and Zeppelin was mostly LP's. But yeah, strats are always nice.

Again, go with what feels and sounds best to you.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
As far as cheap PRS guitars go, my personal opinion is they're a waste.

My friend has several cheap PRS' none of them surpass anything you could get with a good quality starter guitar like an Epi or something.

I'd recommend some Highway One Strats to try out. Those are the entry level U.S. made Strats, and they are generally good guitars. Maybe some of the nicer Epiphone stuff?

The best advice I can give is to try things out extensively. And that doesn't mean sit down and play songs and riffs out of your repertoire, like most people do. If you find a guitar you like, try it with several different amps, and see if the GC has an amp similar (or even the exact model) of what you normally play through.

And also, think about buying used. Since it looks like you've got your mind pretty much made up, this is probably useless but... Used guitars are nice, man. Much better pricing, depending on the model and your preferences, you might end up preferring a used guitar.
Quote by matx33
700 US...you could go for a strat if you wanted, or the PRS, they're always a nice guitar. Go with what feels right and sounds right.

And, just throwing it out there...you may want a nicer amp...I know from experience that a good amp can make a lower-end guitar sound much better.

But yeah, for what you're wanting to play, the PRS or the strat would be good. In fact, a lot of the artists you listed as influences used strats. Not Foos or Sabbath, and Zeppelin was mostly LP's. But yeah, strats are always nice.

Again, go with what feels and sounds best to you.

yea its really a tough decision and im not even there yet! i know the prs would be closer to a les paul sound. idk its really hard haha. but hopefully things will get straightened out tomorrow. and thats not a definite budget. i would like to push it as far as i can go. my dads getting it for me for xmas. i really havent asked him a price range yet haha. i really dont care though i will ask him to count it as a bday present to haha.
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by Sharck
As far as cheap PRS guitars go, my personal opinion is they're a waste.

My friend has several cheap PRS' none of them surpass anything you could get with a good quality starter guitar like an Epi or something.

I'd recommend some Highway One Strats to try out. Those are the entry level U.S. made Strats, and they are generally good guitars. Maybe some of the nicer Epiphone stuff?

The best advice I can give is to try things out extensively. And that doesn't mean sit down and play songs and riffs out of your repertoire, like most people do. If you find a guitar you like, try it with several different amps, and see if the GC has an amp similar (or even the exact model) of what you normally play through.

And also, think about buying used. Since it looks like you've got your mind pretty much made up, this is probably useless but... Used guitars are nice, man. Much better pricing, depending on the model and your preferences, you might end up preferring a used guitar.

im not sure i agree with you on the prs thing. from what ive played they feel very nice. but my mind is definitely not closed to used gear. i will keep that in mind tomorrow when im looking, see if i can get any good used deals. and thanks for the help
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by ldzppln81
i am going to play lots of guitars though and try to find the best one.

Have you ever been to GC on black friday... let me tell you, it's going to be tough to try out multiple guitars. your gonna want to get in, and get in and out as quickly as possible
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by Ardie12
Have you ever been to GC on black friday... let me tell you, it's going to be tough to try out multiple guitars. your gonna want to get in, and get in and out as quickly as possible

yea i know its gonna be crazy haha.... thats the only part of it im not looking forward to... but i do get 15% off! haha

and now im off!
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab