Okay, so my band has been looking for a lead singer for a year and my drummer and I decided to post it on our bands profile on myspace, So I told him to add this:"Looking for a lead singer, can be guy or girl, PM us."

He said: Not a girl.

We kinda argued about it, he said he didnt want any members getting in a relationship getting angry and quitting.

I said: Dont worry, we havent been playing long, that wont be a big deal.

Whos side are you on? Are band consists of 4 guy members. What should I do?
Sounds like a who gives a sh*t situation.

If something this stupid can divide your band so easily, you're all f*cked anyway.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
He has a point, but then again so do you. It entirely depends, do you think a female would be able to front your band well? Would a female voice suit your sound? If no, then your drummer is right.

Unlikely though, drummers are NEVER right.
Quote by frigginjerk
girls never work out. i'm generalizing, but if it was possible to place bets on mixed-gender bands breaking up, you could make millions betting against them.

Oh yeah - women are so much more tempermental, moody, annoying, obnoxious, and likely to lie than men.

Axl Rose.

Just remind your drummer of that train wreck.

/argument.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
lord my band had a girl singer and we ****in rocked. she was awesome we won battle of the bands and there were no relationship problems whatsoever.

Unless one of the band members already likes the chick then i say go for it.
Well it depends on what the other band members are like. If you all think you are mature enough to keep all music related stuff on a professional level with a girl member (or a member of the opposite sex anyway), then go for it.

Then again, your drummer might just be taking the "better safe than sorry" route. On the other hand, this also shows lack in trust if you get what i mean ("So you can't trust me to be professional?"...of course this might backfire big time if you do end up ploughing your new female lead singer).
Who's better looking - the girl or your drummer?

Cause that's what'll get you a record deal.

BAM! Science dropped.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Oh yeah - women are so much more tempermental, moody, annoying, obnoxious, and likely to lie than men.

Axl Rose.

/argument.

Actually that wouldnt work, hes obsessed w/ GnR, and Axl.
XD

Well I'll see what happens, I think I managed to convince him to go eithor way....giggity.
My drummer and I just auditioned a girl vocalist a few weeks ago and agreed that she was in. Now he's gettiing mad at me because she won't go to his house alone or with his friends unless I'm there.
I can see the complications but we sound so much better with her than without her.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
We had a girl singer but we had to get rid of her because she couldn't sing our music (we play heavy metal). But as long as she can sing it shouldn't be a problem.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
As long as her voice fits the music, and there's no emotional complications, I see no problem with it.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
I have a girl backup singer in my band, and it's working pretty well. She has a boyfriend, and we hall have girls, so there's no real relationship problem.
The medium is the message!
Maybe he's gay.
Quote by im_with_theband
Your G-string sounds funny?

Thats...

...wait for it...

...what she said

Quote by Pregowski92
people who post spontaneously unfunny, boring cliché comments are made about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit, on my threads.

good day, sir.
Eh, I don't get the big deal. Get a male or female singer, see how it works out, throw him/her if it doesn't.
Quote by strat0blaster

Axl Rose.

/argument.

but i bet slash and duff never had a falling out over who gets to be Axl's lover. Point is, it's not necessarily always the girls fault that things don't work out. If anyone in the TS' band has a boner for this girl, it won't end well.
Quote by frigginjerk
but i bet slash and duff never had a falling out over who gets to be Axl's lover. Point is, it's not necessarily always the girls fault that things don't work out. If anyone in the TS' band has a boner for this girl, it won't end well.

Ofcourse they didn't have a falling out over who'd be Axl's lover - Axl always preferred blondes.

The bottom line is that if they want it to work, they'll control themselves. If not, then kick them the f*ck out of the band anyway. One day, people will learn to think with something other than their d*ck, and they'll become very successful.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
There's four guys and one girl in my band, and we're all one happy family. I think of her like my sister... probably she's had to deal with the four of us doing some of the dumbest, gossest stuff that teenage guys do, and now there's no way she could be attracted to us

seriously though, a certain degree of maturity& respect is needed to be in a successful band, if your drummer can't handle being around girls without getting a hard on... maybe he has some growing up do do.

(sorry if that was a bit harsh)

*shamless self-promotion please visit http://myspace.com/dirty30smusic *