i was wondering what bass i should get because i'm just starting out, i've already
been playin guitar for 2 years

like a bass starter pack or something
Where is the Humanity when you need his sig?
Anyways, I know Acoustic has a line of amps (B50 or something?) that are cheap and amazing and Squier makes some decent VM basses for very cheap when compared to their quality.

Squier guitars aren't the same as Squier basses.

EDIT:

starting bass? get these!
1) Ibanez GSR200
2) Acoustic AB50
3) Roadrunner gig bag
4) Monster cable, 12 ft
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Last edited by Victory2134 at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by Victory2134

I'm hearing this a lot lately.

That's a good thing, because Squier guitars are awful. Hope it's true.

On topic, though - Look at ESP.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I have a Squier bullet and it sucks. It has the worst tonal quality ever, but the Squier VM that I have sounds amazing.

The bullet is a guitar and the VM (vintage modified) is a fretless bass.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Squier Pack
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
The basses recommended so far are good from what i hear. Just remember, your first bass probably won't be your main bass in a few years. But as i say that, at least three people are saying "What do you mean?!? I play my first bass now, x years later!" Just saying, you will probably get a better instrument in time, don't worry too much.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Samskii is right, this bass is only temporary but it's probably the most important bass you'll ever own. Remember, if you don't get the recommended 6-8 hours of practice a day you'll never be as good as you want to be. But seriously, practice alot and often. 30 minutes every day is way better than three and a half hours once a week.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
And Victory is right, the more practice the better, but some is a must early on. And i definitely don't get six to eight hours a day.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
The FAQ, at the top of the bass forum, should help you out with basses...it covers the basics. I wouldn't recommend the squier affinities, though. If you're going yo get a bass for that price, get an SX instead.

If you're getting a small amp, like a practice amp, basically anything musiciansfriend.com sells that's not Behringer, Marshall, or Line 6 will be just fine. Just look at the features and find something you like. The bigger the speaker an amp has, the louder it's going to be.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Victory2134
Samskii is right, this bass is only temporary but it's probably the most important bass you'll ever own. Remember, if you don't get the recommended 6-8 hours of practice a day you'll never be as good as you want to be. But seriously, practice alot and often. 30 minutes every day is way better than three and a half hours once a week.

Dude, no one can do that, not even most pros.....
Quote by Victory2134
Where is the Humanity when you need his sig?
Anyways, I know Acoustic has a line of amps (B50 or something?) that are cheap and amazing and Squier makes some decent VM basses for very cheap when compared to their quality.

EDIT:

starting bass? get these!
1) Ibanez GSR200
2) Acoustic AB50
3) Roadrunner gig bag
4) Monster cable, 12 ft

this.

it is good.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ibanez GSR200 for sure.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by Pizza The Hut
Dude, no one can do that, not even most pros.....

I call shennanigans.

I used to do 6 at least daily when I was playin bass dedicated and not guitar also.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
If you can do 6hrs of guitar practice, as well as college/school, you have no life. Wheres the fun in playing guitar for 6hrs a day?

You're not gonna have enough time to start a band/make a record/gig/go out with friends etc.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I used to practice around six hours when I started because I had nothing better to do. Thankfully I've made friends since then and now only dedicate 2-4 hours a day to practice (this includes band practice).

I thought it was fun...
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Well I when I started out I did about 5 -6 hr/day. Now I average about 3 hours per day with an occasional few days off to regenerate.
Well, playing with other people is social isn't it?

Anyway, back on topic. Someone mentioned the Ibanez GSR200. I have an Ibanez BTB200 and and it was a great starter bass. Either one is good.