The Mr. T Experience is the longest-lived band of the Gilman St. scene. They started in 1985 and have released 10 full-length records to date, with guitarist/vocalist/mastermind Dr. Frank being the only continuous member. They play satirical, humorous, gloriously fun pop punk comparable to Dead Milkmen, Sweet Baby, Green Day, J Church, Descendents, Ramones, and more. They were among the first bands to sign to Lookout! Records, and they even have a song about Larry Livermore.

Some good albums to start with:

Revenge Is Sweet, and So Are You
Love Is Dead
Our Bodies, Our Selves
...And the Women Who Love Them (extended re-issue, the original was an EP)

Some songs:

More Than Toast
Our Love Will Last Forever and Ever
And I Will Be With You
I Don't Need You Now
I'm Like Yeah, But She's All No
Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba
I Fell For You
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Last edited by JesusOfSbrbia at Nov 27, 2008,
My love for them is equal to or greater than my love of Toast.

I wanna read Frank's book.

Is it any good?
I didn't even know he had a book until I saw the comments for some of those videos, it's definitely going on my chistmas list!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I love this band, they're just so much fun.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
They rule a fair amount
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
My drummer loves them...he's also black and has a mohawk.

Coincidence? I think not!

PS: Ryan is right, PP&E failing so hard. I feel like I'm in the punk forum reading these threads..
DOWN&OUT
^ your friend named Toast that you told me about?

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Lol only the punk forum regulars have a clue about The Mr. T Experience.
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
I just posted a brief biography and a generous sample of their music, so everyone's heard of them now, it's funny how nobody in PP&E pays attention to this stuff.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I don't consider myself a regular of either forum, but I have a lot of time for MTX. "Revenge is sweet, and so are you" was an album that I could not stop listening to this summer. I first came across them years go on one of those Fat Wreck compilation albums...Short Music for Short People I believe it was called...didn't really get into them until a year or two go, as I foolishly assumed they were a joke band. They are fun, but not a joke.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
the book was interesting enough...I guess Will Ferrel (or his company or something) purchased the rights to make it into a movie...I thougt the Frank's writing had little character or style, but the story was amusing. it just felt like he tried really hard to make lots of youthful references (specifically young punk rocker references)....it was really kind of annoying and snobbish at times.

still, MTX is one of my favorite bands of all time. so many great songs and albums. i haven't heard anything in years from them, but they were definitely one of the greats of the bubblegum scene
Ba Ba Bah Ba Bah!!!!! One of my favorite songs of all times. My wife hates that song, So if I want to annoy her I just start singing it.

I seen them live at peabodys in the Cleveland flats two or three times back in the mid ninties.. Hooray for me I guess.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Anybody know if Love Is Dead can be found in stores somewhere? It's been eluding me online for ages.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Thanks!!

EDIT: They only have it used I'll do that if I can't find it anywhere else, though.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA