What Passive pickups would you recommend me for (bridge) Thrash/Death metal

and have a neck pickup for good warm solos for shredding and sweeping?

please

thanks
ray
Not for sure if it's passive but the Dimebucker sounds like what you need. Maybe some Seymour Duncans would do the trick.
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000
Quote by deanfreak93
Not for sure if it's passive but the Dimebucker sounds like what you need. Maybe some Seymour Duncans would do the trick.

thanks ill look into the dimebucker
Quote by forsaknazrael
Depends.

What's your guitar?

What what's your amp?

i have a Jackson RR3 with the ****ty shop pickups
and a crate combo
I like Dimarzio D-Activators. They are passive pickups with the tone of active pickups
Quote by Branflakes
Throw is a SH-8 Invader in there

I was also thinking about that one Avenged Sevenfold uses Invaders!
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000
Stay away from the Dimebucker. Stay away from the Invader. Both are awful pickups.

Quote by dankerfarker2
and a crate combo

And why is it you feel you need new pickups? What's wrong with your tone? How do you know your pickups are the problem, is what I'm saying.
Quote by dankerfarker2
and a crate combo

Pickups won't make the biggest difference if your amp is a cheap practice amp.

I recommend a Dimarzio D-Sonic in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck because I'm guessing you'll say that you don't have enough money for a new amp blah blah blah (basically, what people say when they create a thread about pickups).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Stay away from the Dimebucker. Stay away from the Invader. Both are awful pickups.

And why is it you feel you need new pickups? What's wrong with your tone? How do you know your pickups are the problem, is what I'm saying.

because on every amp i play it sounds like ****
even the thousand $ tubes

my guitars like 10 years old
the pickups are rusty and chipping

is that good?
Quote by forsaknazrael

is that good?

and when other play on my amp it sounds amazing.
New pickups might help make your tone a little clearer, but they'll only help with those thrash metal levels of distortion if your setup is the guitar straight into a naturally high-gain all tube amp that's cranked as far as it will go already (apart from the gain control which should be left at it's minimum setting).

If that's not how your setup is, then higher gain pickups will do nothing for you.

Here's a check list:
- If you use pedals for distortion, boost, overdrive or fuzz, higher output pickups won't help.
- If your amp is not an all tube amp, higher output pickups won't help.
- If you are not cranking your amp's master volume control to maximum already, higher output pickups won't help.
- If you are using your amp's pre gain control, higher output pickups won't help.
- If you ever want to even just have the option of good clean tones, higher output pickups won't help.

If you are victim to any of those points, then you should change other parts of your setup first, before you change pickups. Nine times out of ten, it is more important to change your amp than any other piece of your gear.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by dankerfarker2

is that good?

Rusty pickups don't function any worse than unrusted ones.

You know, sounding good just isn't about gear. It's about technique, and knowing how to dial in your tone. Not knowing how to do either will result in bad tone.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Rusty pickups don't function any worse than unrusted ones.

You know, sounding good just isn't about gear. It's about technique, and knowing how to dial in your tone. Not knowing how to do either will result in bad tone.

This. You probably dialed the 'thousand $ tubes' like a cheap solid state (ie. scooping mids and maxing out treb. and bass.).

If not though, my mistake.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
This. You probably dialed the 'thousand $ tubes' like a cheap solid state (ie. scooping mids and maxing out treb. and bass.).

If not though, my mistake.

i am anti scooping mids
Omg...so many things...

1) Don't get a Dimebucker.
2) Don't get an Invader. If you want to go Seymour Duncan, get Blackouts, they'd be good with a tube amp. Or even EMGs.

3) The RR3 comes with Seymour Duncan JB/'59 combo, which are awesome. I don't know if yours has different set, but if you don't like the JB/'59, you have problems.

Oh, and just throwing this out there, if you can't play well, then any pickups are going to sound bad...
Quote by tigerking615
Omg...so many things...

1) Don't get a Dimebucker.
2) Don't get an Invader. If you want to go Seymour Duncan, get Blackouts, they'd be good with a tube amp. Or even EMGs.

3) The RR3 comes with Seymour Duncan JB/'59 combo, which are awesome. I don't know if yours has different set, but if you don't like the JB/'59, you have problems.

Oh, and just throwing this out there, if you can't play well, then any pickups are going to sound bad...

the RR3 has sh2n jazz pickups not the '59s.

the dimarzio d activator x's or X2N in the bridge and PAF Joe or Evolution Neck in the neck should do it.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by LukeBTH
I like Dimarzio D-Activators. They are passive pickups with the tone of active pickups

+1

almost as high out put as EMGs, but with more clarity
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112