Alright so i've recently started tossing around the idea of beginning a small soda company. So, although it may be a miserable failure, i decieded to ask the Pit what kinds of sodas they find the most desirable. The current idea is to use pure organic cane sugar, and possibly a fermentation process for carbonation, so the sodas may have a very slight alcoholic content, probably less than 1%.
um cola, like a cherry type flavored one, cream soda, and other essential types think jones soda
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
vanilla... root beer, grape, orange, cream soda.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Sorry about the other thread. I have a very crappy Internet provider and lately it has been acting up.
Thing is to make it not too strong. I recently tried a black cherry soda that was too strong that it burned my throat.

Make something like the blue pepsi. That was the ****.

First post woo hoo!
I like any cola, or lemon-lime (like mountain dew, sprite, etc.)

Quote by i_killed_bill
Thing is to make it not too strong. I recently tried a black cherry soda that was too strong that it burned my throat.

First post woo hoo!

Fail. Not even close.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Last edited by Jacob6293 at Nov 27, 2008,
Quote by i_killed_bill

First post woo hoo!

Blue Pepsi.......

YES!
Quote by XgamerGt04
Alright so i've recently started tossing around the idea of beginning a small soda company. So, although it may be a miserable failure, i decieded to ask the Pit what kinds of sodas they find the most desirable. The current idea is to use pure organic cane sugar, and possibly a fermentation process for carbonation, so the sodas may have a very slight alcoholic content, probably less than 1%.

''Diet Jism''

Sperm but only half the calories!

(warning contains aspertimine and pig sperm subsitute)
Make something like Jones soda, that gives me mouthgasms every time I pour it into my mouthgina.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Make them interesting colors, but not they're obvious flavor.

Like orange is orange soda. Purple is grape.

No. Don't do that.
Quote by Jacob6293
I like any cola, or lemon-lime (like mountain dew, sprite, etc.)

Fail. Not even close.

Serious? You mean like not even a little? ...
I've also got a new question to add to this, what flavors come to mind when you think of drinking regular cola. I've got my ideas, but i want to see what is easily identifiable. I know the easy answer is cola, but anything like vanilla, or some sort of citrus or spice.
Kinda an oversaturated market, not to mention the monopoly-esque dominance that coke and pepsi have..

But yeah if you put together an amazing gimmick that basically forces people to try your soda then you might get lucky and have coke or pepsi buy you out, which would most likely be the only way you could get rich off your soda.

Competition with coke/pepsi doesn't happen..unless you want to be harrassed and bothered daily by hundreds of corporate lawyers etc.

Make it snazzy, you may get lucky enough to induce a buyout.
Bacon cola! Yes! Do it!
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Speaking of bacon cola, I remember when Jones made Turkey/Gravy soda, but I never got to try it, so I wiki'd it and was kinda surprised to see :

Turmoil

Jones Soda announced a second-quarter loss and the downsizing of 42 employees (40% of its workforce)in 2008, cutting costs a little over $2.6 million annually. In 2007 the company announced an $11.6 million loss, due to the attempted expansion into the canned-soda market, whose barriers to entry were high against mass-produced Coca Cola and Pepsi

That was what I was saying earlier, companies like Coca cola and pepsi can bring down even semi successful companies like Jones if they really want..then they just induce a buyout while the owners in a state of panic and attempt to salvage what they have left. The market economy is great but it is a shark tank.
Quote by XgamerGt04
I've also got a new question to add to this, what flavors come to mind when you think of drinking regular cola. I've got my ideas, but i want to see what is easily identifiable. I know the easy answer is cola, but anything like vanilla, or some sort of citrus or spice.

have you ever heard of cola beans? thats the cola flavor.

Make novelty stuff, jones has a good platform for study (don't copy) but maybe make something that people will get excited about. If you keep it small you'll make a tidy profit
Quote by captaincrunk
have you ever heard of cola beans? thats the cola flavor.

Make novelty stuff, jones has a good platform for study (don't copy) but maybe make something that people will get excited about. If you keep it small you'll make a tidy profit

Kola nuts are one of the flavors that i know of, but they are classified as a carcinogen as far as I know. but i've always tasted Cinnamon and vanilla in cola, and was trying to see if anyone else noticed it as well.

The plan is to more than likely keep this as a small operation. Blenheim ginger ales are actually what got me into the whole soda making, although if I can produce a quality product and the demand is large enough becoming a major producer is always an option.
Last edited by XgamerGt04 at Nov 28, 2008,
yes, like people have mentioned, think on terms of jones soda... unique flavors, and bottles always sell well...

Ne me quitte pas mon chere.
Quote by Shard Prime
Bacon cola! Yes! Do it!

It sounds good. But so did bacon mints when I bought a tin of them last year.

I never did get past the aroma...I can still smell it now. *barfs*
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by metaldud536
You're gonna need a recognizable logo:

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Alright so now that i've gotten some answers as to what flavors to produce, I would also like to know what people think an acceptable price for a 12oz soda in a glass bottle would be. So basically what do you think is a fair price to charge for a soda.
$1
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by XgamerGt04
Alright so now that i've gotten some answers as to what flavors to produce, I would also like to know what people think an acceptable price for a 12oz soda in a glass bottle would be. So basically what do you think is a fair price to charge for a soda.

About 15X more than it costs you to make. And I am serious.
NEW FROM BOWLS AND BuDS SODA COMPANY

SUPER FANTABYALOUSE COLA

WITH HALVE THE CRABS OF COKE
AND 10 TIMES LESS THAN PEPSI!

BUY IT OR WE WILL FIND YOU!

there you go,thats you first advertisement on the TV
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Tell people it enlarges the penis and the breasts. But find a way to word it better, because a girl with a big penis and large boobs still has a penis, probably bigger than mine.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲