I've been away at school from lat august till now, i had my bass thee, but in having not enough practice time, my callouses got weak. Came home from school Tuesday night, practiced 3 hours with my band, followed by another 6 hours on yesterday followed by an hour long set last night. Now have a blood blister on my middle finger and a "clean" (non-blood) blister on the left. I've got practice Saturday for an audition Sunday. Any tips for quick blister-healing?

(i.e. should I pop them, leave them, put something on them, ect)
Traben Array
2x Tech21 Sansamp RBI Bass preamps
450w Power Amp
2x Gallien-Krueger 410
-
Handmade nylon-string classical guitar
-
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Line 6 Spider 2 250w combo
-
Various Lee Oskar and Honer harmonicas
-
Yamaha YPT-310
i pop and drain mine if theyre too annoying. otherwise just give them time to turn to callouses
If I get blisters, I pretty much just leave them.

Raw skin + fretting/plucking strings = payne.

I suppose you could put like a bandaid or some medical tape over it, personally I find it to be very annoying.
keep playing until saturday or whatever. if they haven't healed by then, pop them, and apply supper glue to your fingertips. it really works.

EDIT: also, look into something called "2nd skin". I used it while backpacking and I got some nasty blisters on my feet, and I just put this stuff right on top of them, and they didn't bother me for the rest of the week.
Super glue, as stated before. I wouldn't pop them, they'll heal faster closed (according to my doctor relative) They'll pop eventually, don't worry. But mine always hurt more when they are open.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
liquid skin or second skin is great. I used to use it back when I overplayed guitar and got nasty blisters. Remove it though after the gig--it does inhibit callouses. Its a bit more medically advisable than super glue.
One thing that worked for me was hot saltwater soaks. It reduced the size a fair bit, enough that it's worth trying at least. Whether it'll work for you or not I don't know, it did for me though.
its the way your body protects itself. if you pop it, you are removing your bodies protection. Your choice!

I would suggest leaving it and just doing some pick work for a few days.
Quote by Applehead
its the way your body protects itself. if you pop it, you are removing your bodies protection. Your choice!

I would suggest leaving it and just doing some pick work for a few days.

?

A blister is caused when the outer layer of skin gets too much friction and detaches itself from the inner layer. The body then proceeds to fill it with puss so that the nearby tissue can begin work on either reconnecting the skin (rare) or growing a new layer. If the blister is too deep, or simply placed just right, then it becomes a blood blister. Blood blisters will heal quickly if left alone because the nutrients and cells required for the repair reside mainly in your blood. This isn't a defense, merely a side effect of the bodies natural healing process.

With that aside, I would say that you want to leave the blood blister alone, don't pop it. But a layer of super glue, or second skin, or whatever you think might protect it without changing your tone may be a good idea. As for the other blister, pop it, drain it, apply some form of disinfection cream like neosporen so it heals faster, put on a bandaid (I recommend one of the tight fitting "water proof" ones) and work with it from their. Personally, I've found that a good bandaid has no effect on the left hand, but that was with a short sample of mild practice. You might consider cutting a finger off a latex glove to cover the bandaid with, a lot of people do that without injury because it makes it easier to slide, but it might cramp your style... fidget with it.
Update: decided to experiment. drained the blood blister with a sterile needle, left the other one intact. the drained blister doesn't hurt anymore and left a nice solid callous, the un-drained regular blister left a thin callous and is still a lil painful, but i was ok to practice with em today for 4+ hours, should be fine by tomorrow
Traben Array
2x Tech21 Sansamp RBI Bass preamps
450w Power Amp
2x Gallien-Krueger 410
-
Handmade nylon-string classical guitar
-
Jackson DXMG Dinky
Line 6 Spider 2 250w combo
-
Various Lee Oskar and Honer harmonicas
-