Has anyone tried this out??

only $20 any opinions?

and if not anyone try other forms of artificial nails?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
i tried clicking it and nothing happened.

but they have these things at pretty much every guitar store. they are lttle peices of plastic. mostly shaped like a triangle. they are called PICKS.
Quote by Brokntragedy
i tried clicking it and nothing happened.

but they have these things at pretty much every guitar store. they are lttle peices of plastic. mostly shaped like a triangle. they are called PICKS.

Not what he was looking for, genius.

You can make them out of a ping pong ball, the small plastic white ones, or get acrylic.
dont spend that much on all the equipment, you wont need sandpaper or anything just super glue and fake nails will do the trick, my teacher is a big fan of this method

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
Not what he was looking for, genius.

You can make them out of a ping pong ball, the small plastic white ones, or get acrylic.

the ping pong ball idea seems interesting.. have you tried it out compared to regular fake nails?

Quote by MakeItWitChu
dont spend that much on all the equipment, you wont need sandpaper or anything just super glue and fake nails will do the trick, my teacher is a big fan of this method

the what i was thinking but i heard that regular superglue is bad for your fingernails..
also i'm planning on playing both steal string and classical, would they pop off on a steal string?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
I have never actually used them (I don't use my nails when I play fingerstyle) but I know that Newton Faulkner, John Butler, and Paul McCartney all use fake nails when they play...that covers pretty much all genres of acoustic music other than straight classical doesn't it? And I remember reading an interview where Butler was saying he just used regular fake nails from the grocery store, but I have no clue what the others have used.

I also heard somewhere about the ping-pong ball nails...are they that good? I may have to try them. I have been thinking about getting fingerpicks for some time now, but if the ping-pong ball thing is good...
So i went to walmart today picked up a pack of the cheapest fake nails they had ($4.00 for 100 nails, and glue)

They work amazing.. i had to trim them down quite a bit but they work amazing and sound great and it took me less than 5 min to apply and trim them.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
i've been using fingernail glue.. i havent had any trouble yet,
but i've only used them for about an hour

i dont see them popping off soon cuz i've been messing with them and there on pretty good
Quote by joshjhasarrived