I'm mostly a guitarist but i wanted to try out singing except I don't really know how to project my voice that well. Anyone know where to find some info on this?

I was wondering too, what effect does smoking have on your vocal chords? I noticed it deepens your voice a bit, but any damage?
i wouldnt suggest smoking and drinking unless you just like it. there are ways to make your voice rougher/deeper etc... without risking cancer.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Yeah smoking makes your voice all nasally, and it can give you cancer and make your d*ck not work. I would recommend recording your voice and seeing how it sounds ask a few people and see what they reactions are, than you can try and alter your voice by singing higher or lower.
Please Stay,
Until I'm Gone,
I'm Here Hold On,
To Me I'm Right Here,
Waiting,
And Take My One Last Breath,
And Dont Forget,
That I Will Be Right Here,
Waiting
ya if u do like a couple cigerets a day it will fukk u up after a while, but if u stay to like 1 a week ur fine for a couple years. same goes with pot
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by Rockoz
years of whiskey and cocaine will do it

oh yeah ill get right on that.

im not smoking to deepen my voice i just like it, been doing it a while anyway.
Quote by captaincrunk
If you want a bassier voice, tilt your head slightly down and speak from the bottom of your mouth, under your tongue.

ya, i think James Hetfield used to do that right?
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
I'm SORRY! I CAN'T CONTROL MY VOLUME!

hot fluids can open up the vocals a bit, but even though they say you should not do this, alcohol or inhaling substances will do it at least ten fold.
[font="Arial Blackeat my asshole... far more tasteful than kissing someone's ass[/FONT"]
u gotta envision yourself as a large obese black man and then imagine urself really angry cus you just ran out of chicken
i like broccoli and long drives at the beach on my segway
Quote by Rockoz
u gotta envision yourself as a large obese black man and then imagine urself really angry cus you just ran out of chicken

an angry black man who runs out of chicken is generally silent, and will
1. go to the nearest popeye's, KFC, or white castle (preference most likely in that order)
and if he can't get that there's always something mcdonald's has that he wants.
[font="Arial Blackeat my asshole... far more tasteful than kissing someone's ass[/FONT"]
Quote by nelliehart {inf
I'm SORRY! I CAN'T CONTROL MY VOLUME!

hot fluids can open up the vocals a bit, but even though they say you should not do this, alcohol or inhaling substances will do it at least ten fold.

yes I seem to have difficulty controlling THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!!!!

but that does sound like a good idea maybe tea or soup not sure what ive got around here that would work.