(I dont want any advice on which pickups to choose)

How difficult is it to convert an Ibanez S with dual passive humbuckers to active pickups such as EMG's or Blackouts?

Also, how much? It requires more than just the two pickups themselves, how much extra cost am I looking at for wiring, knobs, etc.?
EMG's come with new pots, and wires.
I'm sure almost every pickup does.

And you won't need new knobs.

The only thing you need is enough room in your cavity (where all the wiring is)
for two batteries, I'd be surprised if you didn't.

And you'll need to pay like 30-40 for them to install it, unless you want to do it yourself,
which is actually fairly easy.
Quote by Faux~Affliction
The only thing you need is enough room in your cavity (where all the wiring is) for two batteries, I'd be surprised if you didn't.

Active pickups run on a single 9v battery unless you do the mod for it to run on 18v.

If the battery for EMGs can fit in my old SG, they can fit in anything

Pickups are pretty simple to install. If you have a soldering iron, you can do it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the battery might not fit in an S, some routing might have to be done. but lots of people have put them in S's so it might squeeze in OK.
Well Enough Alone
Quote by guitardude11
the battery might not fit in an S, some routing might have to be done. but lots of people have put them in S's so it might squeeze in OK.

Yeah, I'm worried because the body is so thin. I guess I'll pull a 9V out of a pedal and see if it fits, with some extra room.
the battery should fit since i just replaced my friends pups in his S320. but i ran into a little problem with the pots that SD included with the pups so i used a dremmel to enlarge the holes a bit.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369