Page 1 of 3
never read the books but since the movie and the books were getting oh so much hype and my girlfriend was nagging me to no end to see it with her, i figured what the hell, maybe there would be some part of me that secretly like it.
oh gawd was that a mistake
everything about this movie was cheesy as hell.
as far as love stories go, i dont see anybody other than twelve year old girls who could be shallow enough to get anything out of this.
if you for some reason were expecting action.... we're looking at epic fail
the story was weak and the effects were FAR under par
and as a final note, all the bubbly teenage girls and soccer moms around me applauded the film that was indeed two hours of my life that i'll never get back.....

endrant.

am i the only one who thought this was overhyped?
worst movie ever
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by vulcan422
worst movie ever

this.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
I haven't seen it yet, but I read the books far before every ****ing teenage girl was obsessed with them. I liked them a lot, but wasn't like ****ing obsessed. When I saw there was going to be a movie, I though 'Hey, that might be cool if they do it right.' Cause in like the books Meyer makes like the most mundane events seem interesting. Anyways, saw the previews, it's going to suck. Probly won't see it, thanks for the heads up.
I totally agree. I saw it. I regretted it. Terrible, terrible acting, and everything. The plot really doesn't develop until about halfway into the movie, and it's terrible albeit.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
The fact that there is almost 0 plot in the whole movie ruin it for you?

The amateurish acting?

The butchering of vampire lore?

I could keep going...
Worst books ever bad plot, boring characters, and clearly written for teenage girls who listen to jonas brothers
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by TunerAddict
The fact that there is almost 0 plot in the whole movie ruin it for you?

The amateurish acting?

The butchering of vampire lore?

I could keep going...

i would have to say that non existent plot was the most painful

though the acting was a close second
I read the book and thought it was okay at times, but it's pretty shallow. Everything that Edward said and did would have been seen as really creepy if he looked like Nosferatu. Plus, I thought that his brand of moodiness would be a turn-off, but apparently, it's okay is he's handsome enough. I also got tired of reading all about how Edward's good looks every other paragraph. Stephanie Meyer quickly ran out of synonyms for "perfect."
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Worst books ever bad plot, boring characters, and clearly written for teenage girls who listen to jonas brothers

the jonas brothers played the half time show tonight for the seattle vs. dallas game

.....something inside of me died
Quote by Quintessence153
I read the book and thought it was okay, but it's pretty shallow. Everything that Edward said and did would have been seen as really creepy if he looked like Nosferatu. Plus, I thought that his brand of moodiness would be a turn-off, but apparently, it's okay is he's handsome enough. I also got tired of reading all about how Edward's good looks every other paragraph. Stephanie Meyer quickly ran out of synonyms for "perfect."

It was one of those cheesy romance novels gone awry...
Haven't seen it, but i have no problem saying that i loved the books.

They kept me entertained at work quite a bit.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
clearly written for teenage girls who listen to jonas brothers

Then why the hell was Iron & Wine, and Radiohead in it? Those two songs are the only reason I wouldn't rate it lower than a 5/10.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by huffmanguy
the jonas brothers played the half time show tonight for the seattle vs. dallas game

.....something inside of me died

Yeah my sister is abosolutley in love with both twilight and the jonas brothers, their simple songwriting is something I could have come up with in like 10 minutes, and thats every track on both of their albums.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
oh man I have to agree. It was like a 13 year old girl took the idea of a vampire and took away most of the things that seemed cool. like when they go in the sunlight they sparkle and shimmer. where is the burning and eternal damnation? There was a part during the musical montage where my girlfriend and i just could not stop laughing and then it randomly looked like a George Michaels video. and to make it worse, buying the tickets for it put me over my account balance by $0.35 cents, so i owed the bank $35. I paid $54 dollars to see that movie. sorry I just needed a place to vent about that.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah my sister is abosolutley in love with both twilight and the jonas brothers, their simple songwriting is something I could have come up with in like 10 minutes, and thats every track on both of their albums.

Whats sad is that they BELIEVE they are super talented. Even though I doubt they write any songs or music.
Quote by TheJoker
oh man I have to agree. It was like a 13 year old girl took the idea of a vampire and took away most of the things that seemed cool. like when they go in the sunlight they sparkle and shimmer. where is the burning and eternal damnation? There was a part during the musical montage where my girlfriend and i just could not stop laughing and then it randomly looked like a George Michaels video. and to make it worse, buying the tickets for it put me over my account balance by $0.35 cents, so i owed the bank $35. I paid $54 dollars to see that movie. sorry I just needed a place to vent about that.

oh man..... my sympathys to you sir
Quote by TunerAddict
Whats sad is that they BELIEVE they are super talented. Even though I doubt they write any songs or music.

This is probably exactly how it goes in the studio

*real musicians come in and actually write the music*

*brothers come in weeks later*

"Okay boys your gonna play this riff and sing these lyrics, but we to be given credit for writing these songs"

"Pff were the jonas brothers we dont have to do that"
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by huffmanguy
oh man..... my sympathys to you sir

Thanks. I feel a little better now
I never read the books. As soon as I heard what they were about, my first thought was :

pathetic ****ing cheesefest more predictable than a soap opera.

You've just confirmed that. Though from what I hear from friends who read the books and saw the movie, even they though the movie sucked.

I guess pathetic predictable cheesefests are better in book form since you're free to create you're own damn fantasies, rather than having a specific image forced down your throat.
Quote by TheJoker

Well technically...The sunlight part is more accurate historically speaking. Vampires were never killed by sunlight until Nosferatu. In Bram Stoker's Dracula sunlight just caused them to be weaker and not their crazy powerful selves like they were at night. Nosferatu was the first time a vampire could be killed by sunlight.

And dude, I feel you with the account balance thing. I've been close before and not knowing whether you're over or not can suck...Panic ensues...

Oh, and did you guys ever hear the rumor that Dracula by B. Stoker is really a metaphor for his homosexual love affair with Oscar Wilde? I heard that and was like "WTF?" being as I loved the book.
Quote by TunerAddict
It was one of those cheesy romance novels gone awry...

Totally. I was lured in by the premise of vampires, thinking that there was bound to be enough Rice-like content to tide me through the romance. Oh, to look back in retrospect...

While I'm typing, I had a good Twilight-related joke not long ago that I would like to share:

I was with a friend on a band trip, and one of my bandmates had a mission in Wal-Mart to replace a borrowed copy of Eclipse that had been mauled by her cat. She found a copy, but later realized that it was in Spanish. When she went back to the books section to exchange it for an English copy, I said to my friend, "I wonder how many words the Spanish language has that are synonymous with perfecto."
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

Last edited by Quintessence153 at Nov 28, 2008,
Quote by TunerAddict
Oh, and did you guys ever hear the rumor that Dracula by B. Stoker is really a metaphor for his homosexual love affair with Oscar Wilde? I heard that and was like "WTF?" being as I loved the book.

Oh no, that means your gay.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by Quintessence153
"I wonder how many words the Spanish language has that are synonymous with perfecto."

You = god

Quote by dubstar92
Oh no, that means your gay.

Maybe it just means I'm really dehydrated...Prolly should grabbed a lemon-lime gatorade... >.< Darn!
Quote by TunerAddict
Maybe it just means I'm really dehydrated...Prolly should grabbed a lemon-lime gatorade... >.< Darn!

grrr I would make more of these jokes, but everyone got mad at me.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by TunerAddict
You = god

I can't tell if you're complimenting me or patronizing me...

Quote by Quintessence153
I can't tell if you're complimenting me or patronizing me...

Worshiping you. That was the funniest thing I've read all day
Quote by TunerAddict
Well technically...The sunlight part is more accurate historically speaking. Vampires were never killed by sunlight until Nosferatu. In Bram Stoker's Dracula sunlight just caused them to be weaker and not their crazy powerful selves like they were at night. Nosferatu was the first time a vampire could be killed by sunlight.

And dude, I feel you with the account balance thing. I've been close before and not knowing whether you're over or not can suck...Panic ensues...

I appreciate your vampire knowledge and I want to read that book now. One of my friends was telling me about how the steak through the heart thing was a myth from grease or something because they used to pin them to the coffin and that there really isn't a way to kill a vampire and now they are starting to freak me out a bit. Damn you buffy and van helsing for giving me a false sense of comfort. altho the japanese vampire's seem pretty cool
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Then why the hell was Iron & Wine, and Radiohead in it? Those two songs are the only reason I wouldn't rate it lower than a 5/10.

Which made no sense at all. Iron & Wine and Radiohead are so far above teenage girls it's ridiculous. The movie was obviously tailored for that audience, so why not put in something top 40?
read the book, pretty sappy, but its really aimed for teenage kids and some strange boys, every page theres something about "edwards nice hair" or "edwards godly chest" that you get really pissed, the only action comes near the end.

ill probably watch the movie just for the lulz (like i did with HSM3 :p, im badass baby)
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by akm_202
read the book, pretty sappy, but its really aimed for teenage kids and some strange boys, every page theres something about "edwards nice hair" or "edwards godly chest" that you get really pissed, the only action comes near the end.

ill probably watch the movie just for the lulz (like i did with HSM3 :p, im badass baby)

Its like one of those sex romance novels but its actually popular
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Avedas
Which made no sense at all. Iron & Wine and Radiohead are so far above teenage girls it's ridiculous. The movie was obviously tailored for that audience, so why not put in something top 40?

so now Iron & Wine and Radiohead, can be like super totally awesome.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Quote by TunerAddict
Worshiping you. That was the funniest thing I've read all day

In that case, thank you and you're welcome.

Page 1 of 3