I'm trying to decide between a Schecter S-1 or upgrading my Schecter Omen-6. I play Shred guitar and the Omen-6 is great for it but the pick-ups are really muddy. So I was considering buying an s-1 Blackjack but I'm not too sure about how well the neck plays(The local music shops don't carry schecters unfortunately). That or putting a dizmarzio tone zone and a dizmarzio x2n into the Omen-6.
if you really like the way that it plays i would say just get the pups. not sure how much they cost but whats nice about schecter is you can get a nice guitar with nice pups for pretty damn cheap and the build quality is amazing which im sure you already know. i have the 006 hellraiser and that thing plays amazing. i want to get the blackjack atx with the active duncans. heard they blow emgs away. hope this helps. holler if you have any questions
Nothing has it all

Bury the place Ive been

I fear theres a way out

Touch Of Red

In Flames

Oh haha sorry forgot to put that I play through a VOX ad50vt and I use a digitech whammy and on rare occasions a DOD death metal distortion.
Quote by neozeke
Oh haha sorry forgot to put that I play through a VOX ad50vt and I use a digitech whammy and on rare occasions a DOD death metal distortion.

hmmmm, then (only going by what other UGers have said) you should probably go pups
a new amp is going to help you alot if you want better tone but if you can't afford it new pups are good choice.

but stay away from the x2n for shred it's not a balanced pups the evo2 or evolutions are the choice for shred.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
My first guitar was an Omen, i thought it was great for rhythm... but for shredding, I'd say go for the new guitar. Better made all-around, with better pickups.