I finally got Resident Evil 1-3 back. It took many tries but my three favorite games are back and working 100%. I forgot how how hard 1 was... Any other RE fans here?
The gaming thread likes Resident Evil.

Just don't shoot in the lake.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
yo i was kinda thinking of making this thread myself dude re 1-2-3 rule....4 is so gay imo cant beat the 3 person survival horror feel of the old REs. i think the best one ever was the RE1 remake on gamecube...played that **** when i was 12...amazing and RE:Zero on gamecube was also pretty ownage
Quote by Toker420
Shoot what lake?

The lake in Dakota. It contains the evilest, most deadly creature of all.
Quote by Toker420
Shoot what lake?

The lake in Resident Evil 4. It might be a completely different game i'm thinking of though.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Hell yeah. 4 aint even resident evil, its a shooter with RE characters. Zero was decent. Veronica ruled and outbreak(s) was awesome. I haven't played 1-3 since i was 12 either and im kicking myself for loosing the disks. Thank god for p2p.
awww dude i wanna play them now...i rememeber two years ago i made ps1 iso disks and played 1 and 3...and i have re2 original (both disks) but now i m in holland and i didnt bring any with me...any good pc ps1/ps2 emulators for me to fire them up again?
Quote by georgakis187
awww dude i wanna play them now...i rememeber two years ago i made ps1 iso disks and played 1 and 3...and i have re2 original (both disks) but now i m in holland and i didnt bring any with me...any good pc ps1/ps2 emulators for me to fire them up again?

I got my **** as the pc versions of the game, i can link you to the a torrent that has 1-3 in it. You need daemon tool though and ill have to tell you how to beat the save bug on re2.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4019547/Resident.Evil.1.2.3.Special.Collection

Kind of a slow download but deff worth it.

Oh and you have to download directx3a yourself, when i tried to download it when prompted i got an error. But thats only to play 1.
Last edited by Toker420 at Nov 28, 2008,
Quote by Toker420
Hell yeah. 4 aint even resident evil, its a shooter with RE characters. Zero was decent. Veronica ruled and outbreak(s) was awesome. I haven't played 1-3 since i was 12 either and im kicking myself for loosing the disks. Thank god for p2p.

Pssh! RE 4 > RE 1-3
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Quote by withgunstoglory
Pssh! RE 4 > RE 1-3

RE 4 had good game play but it was not a true RE. And it still, running around shooting **** is not as fun as trying to survive against 100 monsters with only 15 handgun bullets and a mixed herb.
I agree, Resident Evil is definitely one of the most original, and awesome game series out there. I've only play 1 through 3, and Veronica. They aren't too hard though, but the replay value and atmosphere definitely make up for that. I could beat RE2 in about 2 1/2 hours, which is super short, but it was still enjoyable.
Quote by withgunstoglory
Pssh! RE 4 > RE 1-3

I would have agreed but then I had to help the Pres. Daughter around and it just ruined the game for me. I actually haven't played it since because it sucks so bad.
I love the older Resident Evil games, massive part of my childhood.
I long for the day i can play the original RE. I've tried so hard over the years but every copy i've ever got my hands on has broke

I'm just not mean't to complete it it seems
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Quote by Toker420
RE 4 had good game play but it was not a true RE. And it still, running around shooting **** is not as fun as trying to survive against 100 monsters with only 15 handgun bullets and a mixed herb.

I found the older REs to be very frustrating because of the fact you had such limited space to carry items which then led to you always going back to the item drop areas and switching out ****.

Though I'll concede that the older ones had a better scare factor
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano

*sings over crank that*
Quote by COBGage
I love the older Resident Evil games, massive part of my childhood.

Yup.
Those spiders in the first few rooms in the first RE. *shudder*
Quote by withgunstoglory
I found the older REs to be very frustrating because of the fact you had such limited space to carry items which then led to you always going back to the item drop areas and switching out ****.

Though I'll concede that the older ones had a better scare factor

thats what survival horror means...you re trapped in an area, outnumbered by zombies, and you have 6/8 ****ing items its genious.
My name would like to have a word with the many, many RE4 haters.

What is it with sequels?
RE4
FFXII
Star Wars 1,2,3
Halo 2,3

EDIT: Although I do wish RE4 was MUCH scarier. I expect ****ting of pants, not jumping at the occasional sound of chainsaws...
And the return of traditional zombies would be good.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Last edited by Ovenman at Dec 1, 2008,
Quote by georgakis187
yo i was kinda thinking of making this thread myself dude re 1-2-3 rule....4 is so gay imo cant beat the 3 person survival horror feel of the old REs. i think the best one ever was the RE1 remake on gamecube...played that **** when i was 12...amazing and RE:Zero on gamecube was also pretty ownage

I love you.

But srsly guise gaming thread.
Resident Evil was great.

RE2 was alright.

RE3 was a little weak i thought.

RE4 was pretty great too.

i didn't bother much with the others like Code Veronica or 0, though i played RE0 a bit and didn't like it all that much.

the remake of the original for Gamecube was amazing. the graphics in that game were awesome. the first one really defined the series. unfortunately they have made a lot of changes since then. i understand why they made 4 the way they did. Resident Evil was a popular series, but people were losing interest. by reworking the game play and style of game, people became more interested in the series.
Quote by georgakis187
thats what survival horror means...you re trapped in an area, outnumbered by zombies, and you have 6/8 ****ing items its genious.

the sense of being overwhelmed is pretty creepy, but I'd like to have atleast a FEW more bullets in my arsenal.

also, in the remake of RE1 those Crimson Head zombies annoyed the crap outta me

and to whoever said they need to bring back traditional zombies, I agree
Quote by Ed Hunter

Quote by Captain Insano

*sings over crank that*
o Hai!

Loved the First one, fourth and zero

Damn crimson heads and regenerators/iron maidens scared the bejeesus out of me, though.
hue
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Knife has unlimited ammo

True, but: Gun = head explodey, Knife doesn't.
Quote by Ed Hunter

Quote by Captain Insano

*sings over crank that*
Quote by Toker420

True, the 'no zombies' element is perplexing, but I've enjoyed it, even if at times it does take some rather silly and cliche' story-twists.
Has some great moments - mainly in the Village though. DOTD style house for the win
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United