I'm considering being an Audio engineer, but I'm not sure which schools I should enroll it. I'm in the bay area of California. That means around San Francisco. Does anyone know of good schools that provide education for Audio Engineers as well as other practical fields of education?
Last edited by greennblue10 at Nov 28, 2008,
Belmont University. Its in Nashville but its one of the best music business/production schools in the world. Just look at their website.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

SAE Institute. They have campuses worldwide. I'm currently attending in Atlanta GA, and its great.

Full Sail is another great one with a big rep. Its in Orlando.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Los Angeles Recording School is pretty good
it has an excellent transfer rate to Full Sail if im not mistaken
WHO'S GONNA BUY ME A VALVEKING?!?!?!
Quote by USAPeavey
SAE Institute. They have campuses worldwide. I'm currently attending in Atlanta GA, and its great.

Full Sail is another great one with a big rep. Its in Orlando.

Really? I heard that SAE eats dick? I might have them confused, but I remember hearing about how they ****ed everyone who went there out of their money and taught them outdated ****.

But as I said, I may have them confused

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by B O D O M
What about in Australia?

Your a Melbournian like me. We have the JMC Academy in South Melbourne, and Box Hill TAFE in Box Hill haha

Sanity is not statistical
Berklee has a great music production and engineering program. It's constantly updated and the curriculum focuses on building adapting skills rather than to instill one type of program/method/equipment etc which will eventually become obsolete.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Berklee has a great music production and engineering program. It's constantly updated and the curriculum focuses on building adapting skills rather than to instill one type of program/method/equipment etc which will eventually become obsolete.

Oh man, i'd love to go there, but the tuition is too big. Is there another alternative to his? With an affordable tuition (similar to a UC - 3000/quarter) but provides a good education in Audio engineering as well as other fields for back up degrees?
Quote by greennblue10
Oh man, i'd love to go there, but the tuition is too big. Is there another alternative to his? With an affordable tuition (similar to a UC - 3000/quarter) but provides a good education in Audio engineering as well as other fields for back up degrees?

Dunno...

if it makes you feel any better...all of the schools in Boston are around that price....

Yeah, that didn't make you feel better. Sorry.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm just started this semester at Community College of Philadelphia. It's cheap.

Anyway, I'm (now) a Sound Recording and Music Technology major. I'll start classes in music tech next month. I'm just going for an Associate in Applied Science degree then I'm out (another 2 years). I could keep going at a different school, but I'd rather just get to work and start paying back my loans.

So, I have a question, to anyone who might know. How much would I be making in a recording studio after I graduate?

I heard that I'd have to be an unpayed intern for a few months (even though one of the courses I will take is an internship... do I have to start out as an intern anyway?), then I could make $18,000 a year and then after gaining some experience (and going from an assistant engineer to a full engineer... might have the terms mixed up), I could make $36,000 or more if I'm good, get a good reputation or maybe become a producer. In which case, I'd probably be making an ass load more money depending on whether I'm indie or major label... I really don't know. This is what I've heard. Anybody actually know?

Also, I had another thought... with home recording technology becoming cheaper and more idiot proof, is it possible that I'm wasting my time and this will all be for nothing? Or will people truly appreciate REAL studio recordings and this whole home studio stuff will die out. Sort of like how in the 80's people thought synthesizers would replace REAL instruments, but the fad sort of died out. (Yeah, many many people still use synths, but they didn't replace real instruments. And I'm hoping the same thing will be true for home recording software/hardware.)
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
Really? I heard that SAE eats dick? I might have them confused, but I remember hearing about how they ****ed everyone who went there out of their money and taught them outdated ****.

But as I said, I may have them confused

I know what you're talking about, but that all depends on which campus you go to. The one I'm at is not even a year old, and some of my professors have had some pretty big name clients.

Scott Kieklak: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb04/articles/youngmasters.htm

^Is one of my professors.

He has also recorded Lenny Kravitz, Tina Turner, DMX, Puffy, Usher, Beyonce, NSYNC, and Collective Soul just to name a few....
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/