Ive tryed to sell my old guitar which is an Epiphone Sg G-400 but i have been unsecussful. So i was thinking about upgrading it. What would you people recomend me to do it is currently lookin like this

So yeah.

P.S I live in Australia.
emgs...though possible battery slots may have to be made...or carved...
Quote by dtank
emgs...though possible battery slots may have to be made...or carved...

Don't recommend that unless TS wants high gain.

I say... upgrade pickups and wiring and pots, install a killswitch, or built in a pedal or kaos pad into the guitar body?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
COuld add some push-pulls and do the wiring upgrades. (Phase, series/paralell, killswitch, etc.)
Quote by Beginner Bass
COuld add some push-pulls and do the wiring upgrades. (Phase, series/paralell, killswitch, etc.)

This is what I was thinking personally. You could also repaint the body if you wanted to or change hardware like tuners.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Some suggestions:
New pickups
Scallop Frets
Push pull pots for coil split
Mini switches for coil split
onboard/ built in effects
New paint job
New hardware

and loads more
Woah woah, now, I don't like to be a kill-joy, but lets put some things into perspective.

I spend waaaay too much time on Craigslist, and one thing I can tell you for sure is that you'll have a really, really hard time getting all of your money back for any upgrades you do. I mean, selling a G-400 usually means selling it for less than you got it anyway, and if upgrades are unlikely to up the price significantly, they're not going to be worth it.

After-market pickups are (usually) pretty expensive. Any other upgrades, such as re-wiring the sucker, will only be good if the buyer can appreciate good wiring, which is less likely since it's an inexpensive Epiphone, and you can do a really good job.

Things like kill switches, mini S/S/P switches, and fret-scalloping are going to be geared towards people who want something better than an Epi SG anyway. If you can wire the switches yourself, it might be worth it, but I'm willing to bet you'd be better off just leaving it well-enough alone.

I'd say cut your losses and just drop the price a bit. These things are all over the place. Unless you cut the price a lot, you're always going to have a hard time selling it.

My 2 cents.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
i say customize it. its good fun plus you end up with an awesome guitar.

How much are you selling it for? Have you put it in the gear ads on UG yet?