hey guys
With christmas coming up, and hopefully getting a job soon, I will be getting a new amp and some pedals to go with

Anyway, I've heard great things about the Roland Cube 30x. It's at a pretty decent price too. For stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, etc.. it sounds like it'd be perfect. Is this true? I havn't tried it yet, but I will try it out within a week or so
If you can think of something that would be better (in Brisbane, Australia, so products are a bit limited compared to the USA), feel free to suggest them as well
It will be used mainly for jaming with a small garage band (use house gear for gigs), with a bassist or just by myself in my bedroom

I would like to also get some pedals to go with it. I've been thinking either a Metal Muff, or a Metal core ml-2 for distortion, but with the effects built into the amp, is it worth it? Like are the effects in the Cube very good?

After all that, what would be some other good pedals to look at? I'm not awesome at solo'ing just yet, so don't think a wah would be very useful to me, but any other suggestions for pedals suited to metal & rock music that would be good?

Cheers
Good amp for what you want, can certainly do what you want.

The amp has built in effects so I don't see the point in buying more.

The ML2 sounds awful to me. The metal muff is alright, but I think it would be wasted since its just a practice amp and its onboard distortion sounds pretty good.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ok, sounds good to me. I was just wondering about the effects and if they are good enough, but seems like I don't need it

Cheers
yeah. if you got a small tube amp or an amp without a solid distortion channel id look at the metal muff, but the cubes distortion defiantly handles what you want to play. and the effects on the amp are pretty good, maybe down the line you would want to get individual stomp boxes.