How is it that Netherlands have such tall people. And is it true that they where among the most short people in europe just a hunderd years ago? That's what the documentary I saw said. Is it good nutrition after all?
What the fuck are you on?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't know, but I'm dutch and quite tall.....had a 7 foot grandfather as well. Don't ask how we do it.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I'll admit that when I saw the thread title, I had a completely different idea in my head as to what this would be about...
Quote by TheMantipede
I'll admit that when I saw the thread title, I had a completely different idea in my head as to what this would be about...

I think that's what he intended
Quote by Rasputin92
How is it that Netherlands have such tall people. And is it true that they where among the most short people in europe just a hunderd years ago? That's what the documentary I saw said. Is it good nutrition after all?

I would say nutrition. I mean, look at Serbia and Montenegro. Average height is like 6'3" in Montenegro where the diet is basically dairy product based.
no its keeping in the gene pool...they all marry each other so they all stay tall
tall man+tall woman=tall babies

its a vicious cycle...im short...it sucks

its all in the genes
North european people are genetically quite tall (when the romans passed the alps, the barbarians were all huge!)

Standards of living for most people in northern europe were generally very low until the mid 20th century.

EDIT: To answer your Q., it's general healthcare - diet, access to clean water, living standards.
I heard something like that too!
But yeah nutrition has a lot to do with it. Like you meet a lot of immigrants whose children are much taller than them and all their relatives overseas because their children eat western food.
Quote by roksta101
no its keeping in the gene pool...they all marry each other so they all stay tall

its a vicious cycle...im short...it sucks

its all in the genes

Incese!

How come all rednecks arn't really tall?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
anyone else think about dicks when they saw this title? LOL
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
anyone else think about dicks when they saw this title? LOL
I certainly did and when I read the thread I was like.. umm that's a misleading thread title alright..
Quote by roksta101

its all in the genes

Here, you witness Darwin making its selection.

Uneducated swine.

If anyone has kids, take care of them. Make them eat healthy, be a good parent. And thou shall outgrow thee