I saw Paul Gilbert use one before. He played a riff and had some sort of pedal thing or something and it repeatedly played the riff while he soloed over it.
is it the vid with the human capo?
cos in that video he uses a boss dd - 8 i believe,
thats wht lets him speed it up and then slow it back down

if thats the wrong video then fli.pansy is right, it'll be a loop pedal of some kind
Depends on the time frame - if you want something that constantly plays back the last couple of notes pretty much immediately then you'd use a delay pedal.

If you want something that repeats longer phrases and can also loop them then a looper pedal or a more complex delay pedal will do the job.

If you want something that plays back whole songs many years after you initially played them then that's called an "Oasis".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Joe4/4/1992
is it the vid with the human capo?
cos in that video he uses a boss dd - 8 i believe,
thats wht lets him speed it up and then slow it back down

if thats the wrong video then fli.pansy is right, it'll be a loop pedal of some kind

Uh. Dude? The DD-8 doesn't exist.

^

Mark made a funny.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by steven seagull
Depends on the time frame - if you want something that constantly plays back the last couple of notes pretty much immediately then you'd use a delay pedal.

If you want something that repeats longer phrases and can also loop them then a looper pedal or a more complex delay pedal will do the job.

If you want something that plays back whole songs many years after you initially played them then that's called an "Oasis".

i lol'd
Quote by SSL27
Uh. Dude? The DD-8 doesn't exist.

^

Mark made a funny.

ahh f***

lol

my mistake

haha

orr i feel like a noob now lmao

the dd - 7 then lol
Quote by steven seagull

haha Comedy gold
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Loop Station.
I recommend checking out the BOSS Loop Stations. They're a bit pricey but they are very good. Plus you can put a synthetic drum beat over the top of it too.
Quote by steven seagull

hahaha.

and if you want a pedal that will record the first song you ever wrote, and then record it and constantly release every couple years under a different title then its called a nickleback.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.