Page 1 of 2
Okay, I am thinking about getting some today. How do they sound on your guitar? I have a Fender Strat.

Anyways, I was also wondering if anybody knows what Earnie Ball Classic ROCK N ROOL strings sound like? Explain, please. Thanks
Ernie Balls are pretty much the best sounding strings out there, and their feel is amazing too. Unfortunately, if you play a lot they won't last more than a week.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RGA121
Vetta II HD
ive only ever used slinky top heavy bottom on my shecter
they sounded OK.. i didnt actually like them that much. i got d'darios or some **** like that

EDIT ^ So thats why the broke? LAWL
Last edited by Plarx at Nov 28, 2008,
I tried them once, I didn't think there was anything particularly special, and it broke literally the day after I put it on. d'Addarios are so much better.
PROJECT 84
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by AbstractDeth7X
Ernie Balls are pretty much the best sounding strings out there, and their feel is amazing too. Unfortunately, if you play a lot they won't last more than a week.

This.
try many string types before settling. I can say for a fact i HATE ernie balls.
They break like spiderweb for me. I think I have acid sweat. I am currently using GHS, however my favourite are Dean Markley. But that's just me. Goodluck on your search.

It's all a matter of how you play and how much you sweat (i swear.. ACID SWEAT) and what tone you want.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
They're some of the few strings I dislike. They feel weird to me and you need a new pack every two weeks or so. They sound good though as long as they last.

Hey, if you have a Strat, getting Fender Bullets is better than anything else if you use your whammy bar a lot. Strings with ball ends have some play if the whammy is pressed down, so they are likely to move a little and cause your guitar to go out of tune easily. Strings with bullet ends won't do so because of the bullet ends' shape.

If you have a fixed bridge though or don't use your whammy much ball ended strings will suffice. I recommend:
D'Addarios - cheap and of high quality.
Fenders - a little more expensive than D'Addarios, but they sound good the second you put them on your guitar, unlike the D'Addarios which need to be played for at least 3-4 days before they sound right.
Elixirs - very expensive, but you'll actually save money with those because they last ages.

Soundwise most nickel wound strings are the same to me after a few days of playing.
i love ernie balls, i use 42-09's, i think their preety durable, feel great.. but that fresh string sound doesnt last.. good thing their cheap eh
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by TheQuailman

unlike the D'Addarios which need to be played for at least 3-4 days before they sound right.

i thought all strings are like that....you do stretch your strings dont you?
i usually use them. i have prs string atm but when i change strings again it will be ernies.
ernies are great. mine have lasted up to 2 months ( obviously not with the "fresh" sound, but without breaking ) but i wouldnt recomend them if your putting them on a floyd style bridge, as string changes are a pain and theyd break really fast if u do a lot of divebombing and wanking.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by Plarx
i thought all strings are like that....you do stretch your strings dont you?

Sure, but what does that have to do with anything?
i use ernie ball super slinky 9's, always have, they last pretty long for me if i keep cleaning them.

but after about 1.5 months i dare not bend more than 2 steps on the b or e strings, or much more than 1 step if i've just picked it up and they are cold.
does titanium reinforcement do anything substantial for the tone, feel or durability?
i like the regular slinkys better than the d'addarios i used to use...i find the earie balls are much faster/slider and they keep that newness/fastness for longer than d'addarios...
I have tried a few different strings on my fender, dean markly ones give it a slight rock tone, but the most favourite i like is the Regular Slinkys and to say they do not last long is not the case with me, they last ok amount of time and i play mine everyday, before i had it it was my uncles and he used to play it with Regular slinkys on stage, super slinkys are a bit thin and break easily if pitch bending alot, plus they are not expensive so if they do go, just replace with new set.
I've never had a single Ernie Ball string break on me. I've had D'addario, Fender, Elixir and DR strings, and I find that the Ernie Balls not only sound the best, but they last longer than any other strings I've tried. (other than elixir)
I have only played on Ernie Ball's since my second guitar, before that I played with some either d'addrio's or d'aquesto (knockoff?) I much prefer the ernie's though, on my tele I haven't played in like a year I have 1 year old ernie's, none of them broke . and they sound pretty much like a rock string although they lose the new sound after a day of good playing
I play with the ernie ball classic "rock n roll" strings, they're pure nickel wound 10-46 gauge.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
I use Ernie Ball strings. They feel and sound pretty good in my opinion. And they can last pretty long if you clean them. I clean mine with the Dunlop string cleaner/conditioner thingy after every use.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

I use superslinky's and they're great, I don't see why ppl are sayin they break either. I play several hours a day, and they can last me a month or two
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
ernie ball hybrids for me, i really don`t have the problems people are saying, i use my Floyd to do some insane sqeals, like i`ll lift the guitar up by the bar doing a pinch harmonic Kerry King style and other crazy things with the bar, and it`s rare that my strings break, they have broke but not on stage, GHS are the WORST for breaking, they just suck. i use to use the GHS boomers b4 i switched to the Hybrids
Been using eb's for about 2 years now, beefy slinkies usually .. great strings imo, fit what I play perfectly, may not be the same for you TS ... try out a lot of different brands and stick with what you like.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
i tried ernie balls on my strat and i thought they were awful, the classic fender tone was just gone.

i like fender bullets, great tone.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by toton1989
I use Ernie Ball strings. They feel and sound pretty good in my opinion. And they can last pretty long if you clean them. I clean mine with the Dunlop string cleaner/conditioner thingy after every use.

+1
Good strings.
Mine have lasted since just after christmas a year ago (and yes, they are dead - 2 strings have broken and replaced with ones from my old guitar).

The new EB packets are finally SEALED! The packets are sealed!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Right now I'm using a set of medium (im nto sure exactly what specifically) gauge Dean Markley strings, and they have lasted forever, and they sound fine to me.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
I use Ernie Ball Super Slinky .09 gauge on my SG and my JS100. They sound awesome, and they can take a beating!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
They are great strings, don't tend to break a lot aswell. However, they don't last very long and tend to lose its looks.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Quote by alex0203
Earnie Ball Classic ROCK N ROOL strings

Quote by alex0203
ROCK N ROOL

Quote by alex0203
ROCK N ROOL

GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Page 1 of 2