I've be looking at lessons and articles and i still dont get this.

I need to know what power chords fit in with

Natural Minor
Harmonic Minor
Melodic Minor
Pentatonic Minor
Major Scale

Also is there an easy way i can figure this out with out playing around for three hours or bitching to UG every time i need some help?

Thanks.
uh...Any minor power chords will work? Even major too, depending.

Actually, I think every power chordwith work with the scales you listed :/.
Yeah, learn theory and learn it well. Try looking up Dave Weiner's Riff of the Week called "Harmonizing a Major Scale" or something like that. Although this should probably go in Musician Talk instead of here anyway.

Quote by CraigKing
uh...Any minor power chords will work? Even major too, depending.

Actually, I think every power chordwith work with the scales you listed :/.

Power chords don't have a tonality, by definition they are a root and fifth.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by a7xrocks02
well. im trying to learn theory. but this part keeps confusing me. i would just like to know how to harmonize a scale into power chords or open chords.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?s=the+crusade&w=columns

Start reading and don't stop until you know what you're doing. Never move onto the next part until you understand the last and learn the notes of the fretboard.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by a7xrocks02
my problem is that i understand how to harmonize into triads, but i need to harmonize into power chords and open chords.

Then you really don't know what your problem really is at all. If you understand how to harmonize into triads but don't know the relationship between triads, open chords and power chords then you need to look into that an awful lot before you go any further.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Power chords are neither major nor minor. Technically they are not actually chords. So You can fit pretty much any scale round about them. If you are looking into modes you need to get a good grasp of how to harmonize the major scale, or the melodic minor scale etc. Once you have a good grasp on that then worry about power chords. Essentially what you are doing when improvising over power chords is you are 'treating' them as if they were a chord. For instance if you wanted to play mixolydian over an E power chord(E5), then essentially you are treating that power chord as if it were an E7 chord(E dominant 7th). Wehter this is conciously thought out or not is not the point but this is how it works in relations to scales/modes over power chords. But technically you cant harmonize a scale using power chords because any 1 power chord could belong to a number of keys. For instance a C power chord which contains the notes C and G could belong to C major or G major etc etc.
Andy
Quote by a7xrocks02
my problem is that i understand how to harmonize into triads, but i need to harmonize into power chords and open chords.

Open chords ARE triads (or at least, the ones I think you're talking about). They just have the notes doubled across the strings.

To harmonise something in powerchords, just play a powerchord from every note of the scale. That's it.