Page 1 of 3
I'm trying to learn basic Swedish as soon as possible. I downloaded this computer program. So basically what am I getting into? Is it a very hard language to pick up? I've been taking spainish in school for over 3 years and I still suck miserably at it even though I have a 90 percent. Also once I learn Swedish, can I easily pick up Norwegian? Thanks I plan on living in Europe someday.
Je parle suédois, et je peux vous enseigner.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
You sound french.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
jeg prater svensk
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
kensai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Why the hell would anyone want to learn swedish? It's boring, complicated and hardly anyone uses it. It's more difficult than spanish so if you still suck at that after 3 years I wouldn't get your hopes up on learning swedish anytime soon.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by RooZ
Jeg prater norsk Bor like ved svenske grensa.

That's French, knobhead.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Jag kan tala svenska, och ja, det är inte mitt första språk, jag plockade upp ett par år tillbaka, sitt ganska svårt att nå ner rakt.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
It's a North Germanic language so it's about as close to English as you can get unless you want to learn German or Frisian. You should find it easy. Although I've never tried so I don't know personally.

Speak to Renka, she's Swedish...
Quote by rabidguitarist
That's French, knobhead.

haha

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Speak to Renka, she's Swedish...

Totally what I was thinking... took the words right out of my mouth man
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
haha

Totally what I was thinking... took the words right out of my mouth man

Must've been when you were kissing me.
Heja Sverige!!! Ska flytta till Uppsala om nagra ar.

It`s not that hard to learn, but if you did'nt grow up with it, it will be hard to get the pronunciation down.
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
Quote by StratoTele
Must've been when you were kissing me.

...wow.

That's fucking creepy.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by KileManA7X
I'm trying to learn basic Swedish as soon as possible. I downloaded this computer program. So basically what am I getting into? Is it a very hard language to pick up? I've been taking spainish in school for over 3 years and I still suck miserably at it even though I have a 90 percent. Also once I learn Swedish, can I easily pick up Norwegian? Thanks I plan on living in Europe someday.

Learn Geordie, it's like English for cool people.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by rabidguitarist
...wow.

That's fucking creepy.

I know right? Hold me
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Kensai
Why the hell would anyone want to learn swedish? It's boring, complicated and hardly anyone uses it. It's more difficult than spanish so if you still suck at that after 3 years I wouldn't get your hopes up on learning swedish anytime soon.

I suck on it after 3 years studying it thanks for smashing my dreams of hitting swedish chicks
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I know right? Hold me

Ok. I'll be extra careful.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I speak swedish, well, I am UG's Swedish Law Man.

English is my first language though. I picked swedish up within 6 months I think. Its pretty easy if you get some help and read books etc. Also try watching films/tv programs in English but with Swedish subtitles or vice versa, its a great way of expanding your vocab and learning expressions and spelling.

Good luck, btw, its worth it for the women when you get here!
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by Punkismygod
I suck on it after 3 years studying it thanks for smashing my dreams of hitting swedish chicks

Ah it's okay, I hear Renka's easy... she'll have you anyway >____>

Quote by rabidguitarist
Ok. I'll be extra careful.

Quote by SteveHouse
I talk Swedish. It's easy to learn english if you talk swedish, dunno about the opposite way.

If you can talk Swedish, you can talk norwegian. Basically the same language, just with another accent and a few different words. Hell, I don't even need subtitles when hearing norwegian.
i hear its not too bad

the nouns, advectives and verbs are arranged in sentences the same as english, whereas in french for example direct translations come out as "the man old" instead of "the old man" if you get me
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Jag snackar svenska, så det så. =P

Tell me if you want any help.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Quote by Punkismygod

Women don't give a fuck if you can speak their language. The whole "foreigner" thing is more exciting than hearing the same language they hear every day.

If a french woman came here and tried to speak swedish I'd just slap her over the head and tell her to speak english with that sexy french accent. Then make me a baguette because I'm sexist and stereotyping like that.
I´m Swedish and I would say it´s hard to learn. I´m learning a dutch friend of mine swedish and he´s actually learning it very fast.. but then again, he´s here in Sweden to learn it and also the Swedish culture
my gear:
Ibanez RGR321
Schecter Temperst Extreme
Line 6 spider 2 75w
Boss MT-2
vintage VOX Wah pedal
Korg pitchblack tuner
I speak Swedish. It is probably a somewhat difficult language to learn, but I daresay it's easier than French (which I also speak). We don't have a lot of sex-defined grammar and such, which makes things easier. It's not one of the easiest you could pick, however.

And yes, if you learn Swedish, understanding Norwegian is quite easy, there are only minor grammar and spelling differences that you don't even need to know about in order to understand the language.

Also, I might add that Sweden is a quite nice country if you're considering living here. Our weather is mediocre and our politicians are bloody stupid, but I'd like to see the country that has smart politicians, eh? :P
Last edited by Arzei at Nov 28, 2008,
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i hear its not too bad

the nouns, advectives and verbs are arranged in sentences the same as english, whereas in french for example direct translations come out as "the man old" instead of "the old man" if you get me

Yeah, mostly it's the same sentence structure as in English, but not always.

And I speak Swedish of course. Sweden FTW!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Kensai
Women don't give a fuck if you can speak their language. The whole "foreigner" thing is more exciting than hearing the same language they hear every day.

Yeah but I'm from finland and If I have assumed right you guys across the ocean think that we're just drunk, crazy and that we shoot ourselves at schools. I think that they'll pepper spray me

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Ah it's okay, I hear Renka's easy... she'll have you anyway >____>

Thank you
鋼の錬金術師
Last edited by Punkismygod at Nov 28, 2008,
Quote by Punkismygod
Yeah but I'm from finland and If I have assumed right you guys across the ocean think that we're just drunk, crazy and that we shoot ourseves at schools. I think that they'll pepper spray me

That's because you are
jäg er svenska....
not! er fra Norge
My Gear
Electrics - Ibanez RG370DX
Acoustics - Takamine EG510SC, Victoria Classic
Pedals - Ibanez WD7, Marshall ED1, Digitech DF7, Boss AC3, Marshall RG1, Digitech XDD
Amplifiers - Laney HCM15R, Roland Micro Cube
Quote by Kensai
That's because you are

I second this. Everybody knows that all Finnish people are alcoholics and have at least one sauna per househould.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Kensai
That's because you are

Thank you

Swedish reputation in finland is basicly that you all are geys and your chicks are hot. I agree the second one.
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by Demon Wolf
I second this. Everybody knows that all Finnish people are alcoholics and have at least one sauna per househould.

And they all carry knives which they use to settle disputes.

Quote by Punkismygod
Thank you

Swedish reputation in finland is basicly that you all are geys and your chicks are hot. I agree the second one.

Then how do we breed? Huh? Huh?
Quote by Kensai

Binary fission.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by Kensai

ummmmm... You adopt from china like everybody else? Or then you divide yourselves like amoebas. I don't know you tell me?
鋼の錬金術師
Page 1 of 3