Hi,
finally I bought online my new Mexican Strat, but i'm needing some help from you experts on a couple of things that I need to know about, since I overheard that the shop where I bought it was not too careful with its products...

1. The Wire

My strat came from the shop with a wire, perfectly cut, coming out from the neck pickup. since i'm skeptic about the transportation, i'd like to know what it is and, as i'm sure it doesn't belong there, how can i fix it.
Unfortunately my amp hasn't arrived yet, so I'd like to know also... will this "wire out" affect the sound?

2. The Serial Numbers

Maybe I'm being a little paranoid here, but the guitar came with two different serial numbers: one on the card hanging from the tuning machines, another printed on the guitar. Is this normal? what is, then, the correct serial?

Thanks to any expert who will help!
Jorge
If you plug it in and it works everyone wins, hten you need not worry about the wire. (You could take out the pickup and push it back in)

The serial number on the box is probably from the retailer, and the Fender serial number is Fender's serial number
Before you do ANYTHING, call the shop you bought it from and let them know whats going on. If it needs replacing, get on it as fast as possible.

And about the serial, I would assume the headstock one would be legit at least... I can't remember if I got a different hangtag serial on my MIM Tele.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
My fender tag I'm pretty sure had my guitars serial in it, alot of places take tags off though so maybe they just added 1 to it?
This is why you should buy stuff from your local guitar store. White wires on single coils are usually the ground wire.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
so where should this wire have been connected?

will it affect the sound if it's the ground wire and it stays like that?
Quote by reckonerpt
so where should this wire have been connected?

will it affect the sound if it's the ground wire and it stays like that?
That pup probably won't work at all. Like the man said earlier, contact the people you bought it from. How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Hey dude, I may have been premature in telling you the ground wire is white, they are on my USA HM Strat, but upon further investigation into your dilemma, I've found that your's most likely is NOT. Sorry dude.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Do all the Pups work? It's possible it's just a piece of the insulation left over of wire stripping. Can you see if there is actual wire inside the insulation?

I think the number under the bar code is just the manual code they punch in if they don't have a bar code reader.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Nov 28, 2008,
I hope you're right... when I arrive home I'll try to look inside and, if it's loose, pull it off...
don't pull it off, you don't know what it might be connected to on the inside. can't you contact the shop and get some advice?

the fender serial number is the one on the headstock.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
The first thing you should do, as several people have said, is contact the shop you bought it from. Don't move, pull, cut or poke anything until you've done that. Wait for the shop to get back to you, and see what they say. If you do anything else before that, you'll probably void the warrenty and won't be able to return it if it is indeed damaged.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.