so recently i got a PA speaker free from a buddy, and because i have no other amp really, i was thinking about hooking it up with a marshall head and making it into an amp

however, i speculate that this could cause damage to the speaker.

will it work?

PA speaker - Yamaha s15e- around 500watts

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/fit,400by400/S15E-3f474f3ee72cc2650aa3dc4ae5502c5c.jpg
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

im pretty sure you would need to mic it through the PA, but im not positive, so it might not be good that way of just hooking the speaker to the amp
Guitars:
2009 Fender 72 Deluxe Telecaster
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
Quote by Josh2k69
im pretty sure you would need to mic it through the PA, but im not positive, so it might not be good that way of just hooking the speaker to the amp

well, weve hooked up a head to it before just fine, and it worked, im just worried if there'd be any damage to the speaker, seeing how its not really meant to be directly used as a guitar amp
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

I'm pretty sure as long as everything matches up it should be fine. Because if you think about it, those speakers are made to withstand guitars + bass + drums +vox, so it wouldn't make sense that you're going to damage it.

Just make sure the Ohms and all that stuff are okay.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
ok will do. i ope you guys are right about this
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

L3p4rd is right. Its made to mic all of those frequency ranges, so putting one through it will be no problem.

Our bassist is using a PA speaker under his head until he can afford his cab he's been saving for, and its working just fine.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Just make sure that the ohmage matches up, or you'll damage one or the other.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
It'll work as long at the impedance matches, it wont sound great though.