Hi guy's, it's my birthday soon and i will have some money i was wondering if you could suggest me some basses. My maximum budget is £750 but i would like to spend less than this to leave some money for effects. I currently have a peavey Millennium bpx and a ashdown electric blue 180 and i was considering upgrading my bass. I mainly play metal using a pick in a band, but i do enjoy playing other styles.
I don't think one exist's, there's certainly not one on fenders normal website. I didn't bother with the custom shop as it would be out my price range.
Applehead, ya ol fogey.

schecter basses sound great for metal. I own one. everyone always expects me to play Slayer or Emporer or Metallica or something when they see what bass I have. it does sound great for that stuff. but it sounds good for some Cream and Stevie Ray too

Elite or custom. also check the used market, a nice Warwick may pop up.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by josh999x
Hi guy's, it's my birthday soon and i will have some money i was wondering if you could suggest me some basses. My maximum budget is £750 but i would like to spend less than this to leave some money for effects. I currently have a peavey Millennium bpx and a ashdown electric blue 180 and i was considering upgrading my bass. I mainly play metal using a pick in a band, but i do enjoy playing other styles.

You could get a Warwick Corvette for that money. Very good basses. They have a slight bias to metal with their distinctive growl, but they work in damn near every situation I have used mine in.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Traben chaos core?

Cheap, but awesome. John Cooper of Skillet uses a Traben live...believe me they are awesome. Leaves quite a bit for a larger amp and some effects.
(others)
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 28, 2008,
get the corvette. warwick kicks ass, and I want one badly. If you decide you don't like it, you can always give one to me.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Get a fender jazz 24 from soundslive or a corvette. The jazz is very versatile though.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul