i noticed my 1-4 strings were dead, as well as all the frets oviously. so i changed the strings and now all of the strings are messed up. the strings are hitting the metal parts of the frets, therefore creating buzzing. WTF do i do?? is it warped or am i doing something wrong??? also is the back of a dx12 supposed to bubble out a little bit, or is my **** warped?? its only a few months old from guita center, has been cased and humidified every once in a while.
Quote by joecerillo
i noticed my 1-4 strings were dead, as well as all the frets oviously. so i changed the strings and now all of the strings are messed up. the strings are hitting the metal parts of the frets, therefore creating buzzing. WTF do i do?? is it warped or am i doing something wrong??? also is the back of a dx12 supposed to bubble out a little bit, or is my **** warped?? its only a few months old from guita center, has been cased and humidified every once in a while.

case and humidify every night man
it might be warped, but it needs to be humidified.
which reminds me i need to get a case for my martin
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by joecerillo

Define "dead". Dead as in wouldn't play at all? and what do you mean as well as the frets?
Both open and fretted notes wouldn't play? Gotta be really specific in describing your problem because it's a little vague right now.

As for the bubble, it should be normal. My martin bubbles a little bit as well. Manufacturers such as Seagull also add a slight bubble on purpose.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
if i strum the string if makes a clanking noise, because the strings are not lifted off of the fretboard,and are hitting the fretboard.
Hitting the fretboard? or the frets?

What string gauge and strings did you put onto the guitar? Did you use strings suited for a 12 string?

Also, this might be a long shot, but... Is your saddle still there?

Pictures would definitely help.
Equipment:

everythings there but the string are sitting on the frets. usually thers a 1/16 gap between height of strings off fret. mine are actually resting on them, if it was an electric, this would be a trus rod ajustment, but being acoustic. i have no clue
Quote by joecerillo
everythings there but the string are sitting on the frets. usually thers a 1/16 gap between height of strings off fret. mine are actually resting on them, if it was an electric, this would be a trus rod ajustment, but being acoustic. i have no clue

If it were an electric, it would still be a saddle height adjustment. The truss rod is not meant for action adjustments. It's there to give neck relief. They go hand in hand to a point. But since you have no action, this leads me to believe that you've lost your bridge saddle piece. That or the nut has gone wonky on you overnight. So which is it?
The saddle is the whitish piece of bone or plastic material that fits into a longish slot in the wood of the bridge. The nut resides up at the headstock and has little slots in it for the strings to rest in.
You haven't tried to crank on the truss rod yet have you by chance? It's possible that if you did and went the wrong way that the neck is now in a back bow state(reverse curve) and this is causing the strings to hit the frets.
Did you change string gauge when you put the new set on? And did you make sure to buy a set for a 12 string guitar, and not 2 set's for 6 string and just double them up? Believe me, these things happen when the uninformed attempt to do things like this. Just let us know everything you can and maybe we can narrow it down.
the saddle is there, no trus on this guitar fom what i know of. i changed the strings to martin extra lights, i was told thats what they put on it in the factory. yes it was a 12 string pack.

whats the limited lifetime warrenty on hese guitars mean on the martins.??? is it coveed for this situation
called guitar center, they said it needs a 70 dollar setup, which im not paying, the last frets never worked on it since i bought it , i just never play them so it didntbother me. so help from them is out.= as well. can i do a setup on the guitar?? how is that done?
The limited lifetime warranty only covers factory defects, which this is not.

If you need to raise the action, you're going to need a professional to do it.

Also, you should have a truss rod. 12 strings are very high tension and it wouldn't make sense not to have one. Especially on a Martin.
Equipment:

How about pics? Can you post pics up on here? I'd like to see the bridge and the nut please. Also, try sighting down the neck from the nut end and try to gauge how straight it is. It should look very straight to you from that angle, which would be a good thing in your case.
As far as the truss rod goes, have a look in under the soundhole area towards the neck. There ought to be an adjusting point inside there, since Martin doesn't use the headstock side to do their truss adjusting.
ok i brought it to guitar center. from my room not being completly humidified, the face has sunk in and the wood is dried. i always have the little humidifier in it , but the tech said its no good. for $75 they have to over saturate te guitar and do a setup