there kinda the staple stone for your basic Wah's. It will do everything you need out of a wah pedal. If the sound isn't holding your interest you can also put in the italian mod board for it. Im happy with my crybaby the way it is though.
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
kirk ha,,et uses them, so they must be good lol (ima metallica fan)
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
The Dunlop original crybaby is kind of low quality.
I mean, it does it's job, but you can get a much better one if you bump your budget up by 20 bucks.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by nowa90

"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Kirk Hammet doesn't know how to play metal guitar so that doesnt even have anything to do with his pedal prowess

The original crybaby is meh..
go for the 535Q, much higher quality and more adjustable.
Quote by Holy.
Ok, this video is making me think twice...

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
So can someone link me to a good wah under 200 bucks?
LARGE TEXT
Quote by nowa90

Kirk uses the Crybaby Classic, not the Original - and thats just in the studio. Live he uses some expensive Dunlop rack wah (I really don't feel like looking up the model right now lol).

Quote by Highwaytohell
Kirk Hammet doesn't know how to play metal guitar so that doesnt even have anything to do with his pedal prowess

Thats the funniest (and stupidest) thing I've read all day. Thanks for being an idiot and providing me with laughter

TS: The Original Crybaby is your basic wah - it will sound okay for just about any genre but its not going to sound great for any specific one.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

Kirk uses the Crybaby Classic, not the Original - and thats just in the studio. Live he uses some expensive Dunlop rack wah (I really don't feel like looking up the model right now lol).

Thats the funniest (and stupidest) thing I've read all day. Thanks for being an idiot and providing me with laughter

TS: The Original Crybaby is your basic wah - it will sound okay for just about any genre but its not going to sound great for any specific one.

Personally I think he's sucked at soloing after MOP. He's so ****ing sloppy and unoriginal now.

TS- also check out the Morley Bad horsie wah, you might also like the Ibanez Weeping demon wah.
Quote by chezgrindr
For $30 more you can get more customizability out of your wah sound.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-WD7-Weeping-Demon-Wah-Pedal-102548674-i1124277.gc

I'm extremely satisfied with this. It even has a switch to change the pedal from spring loaded back to free moving. Excellent. Another great product from Ibanez.

The weeping demon is great for metal, however I will warn you that it sucks tone. Also, its really only good for metal so don't expect to use it for classic rock or funk or whatever...
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The weeping demon is great for metal, however I will warn you that it sucks tone. Also, its really only good for metal so don't expect to use it for classic rock or funk or whatever...

I was thinking that.

So can anyone recommend me a somewhat all-around wah? I really don't play much metal.
LARGE TEXT
bump!

Someone help me out, I have a 15% coupon that's only good for today...
LARGE TEXT
Quote by get ta led out!
go out and try stuff, I've got this. It's nice, but get to your store man.

It'd be nice to go and browse, but I have to travel 2 hours to get there.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.

Then how are you gonna get there in time to buy one? Haha I'm sorry man, here's another one I like.

My dad owns a Vintage Vox wah from around the time Hendrix was using them, so I know what a good one sounds like. If your trying for Clapton or Hendrix wah, that Vox or this Dunlop will work nice, and as said the Weeping Demon is great for metal.
meh
Quote by Holy.

So the 15% you will save is going to pay for your gas to get there and back...

Its really not worth it imo.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
So the 15% you will save is going to pay for your gas to get there and back...

Its really not worth it imo.

Internet.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by get ta led out!
Then how are you gonna get there in time to buy one? Haha I'm sorry man, here's another one I like.

My dad owns a Vintage Vox wah from around the time Hendrix was using them, so I know what a good one sounds like. If your trying for Clapton or Hendrix wah, that Vox or this Dunlop will work nice, and as said the Weeping Demon is great for metal.

I came across that one and a vox one.

I just took a look at some videos on youtube of a Vox V847A Wah. Is that any good? Sorry for the stupid question btw, I'm an effects noob.

EDIT: Oh ****, I realized you already recommended me the vox. So which out of those two do you prefer more?
LARGE TEXT
Last edited by Holy. at Nov 28, 2008,
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Duh... my bad. I wasn't even thinking lol

It's cool.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
I came across that one and a vox one.

I just took a look at some videos on youtube of a Vox V847A Wah. Is that any good? Sorry for the stupid question btw, I'm an effects noob.

EDIT: Oh ****, I realized you already recommended me the vox. So which out of those two do you prefer more?

Me? The Vox. Easy. That, paired with a Fulltone 70.... that is Hendrix for me. Still try um out. I hope I helped.
meh
I just bought one today.

It will do the job well. Its pretty standard, but if you want to do any tweaking then a 535Q wah would be better.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Well, I tried pretty much every Crybaby I could find when I looked for a wah, and none did it for me. I liked the 535Q, because of the Q switch, but it just RAPED my tone. In the end, I went for the $100 Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon. It's got a Q knob (with 1-10 knob, instead of 6 settings), LQ (Q knob for the bass-y signal), Level knob (for effect level), and it can turn to bass wah. It was way better IMO.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I have a Weeping Demon and I love it.

It sucks a little tone, true, but it can be made up for with a little tweaking.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I have a Weeping Demon and I love it.

It sucks a little tone, true, but it can be made up for with a little tweaking.

So much better than the 535Q and it's raping of tone, yeah?
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by Justice4AllOne
So much better than the 535Q and it's raping of tone, yeah?

I've actually never tried the Vox.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I've actually never tried the Vox.

The 535Q is a Crybaby.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
How has no one recommended the Crybaby from Hell?!?!?! Heresy!
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Quote by shredfest116
How has no one recommended the Crybaby from Hell?!?!?! Heresy!

hey I was going to

It is is a great pedal and the good thing about it is that it's so much tweakable, you can get alot of different tones out of it.