Ok guys i am tired of my MG-50, which i run with a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal and a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. I used to like the sound but recently it just sounds... bad. Even worse, it makes my two great guitars sound crappy. I want to buy something affordable (£1000 is my absolute limit). Will hopefully be gigging in the very near future, but only at small venues. I would like something that can handle crunchy kick ass distortion but also preferably have half decent cleans. I play heavy metal, bands like metallica, children of bodom, trivium, stratovarius, pantera etc.

I am thinking about buying a peavey 6505 head and a marshall 1960 4x12 speaker cab. Would this be suitable for what I want?
Yes.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
yes but you could get a better amp with 1000 pounds

I would suggest an ENGL Screamer Combo
Than ditch the Metal zone.
i recomend the engl also, but you have to try all amps your interested in at a store before you buy
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard