Ok here goes.

1. On Cubase I have a song finished and exported. Now after listening to it a few times I realize, "hmmm at this point maybe a few bars of silence would work well here", so I select all the parts to the right of where I want my silence and try to move them right (both manually moving the lot and by changing the numbers in "snap") and a few audio clips get all bunched up on each other. How can I create the silence (create silence ) for maybe half a bar??

2. If I have a fully complete song on Fruity Loops (panned and mixed how I like, so its FINISHED) and I want to import it to Fruity Loops so I can add vocals from there will it affect the music/FL audio because of mixing down?? Or will it be absolutely perfect as long as I export the FL stuff as WAV at the highest settings and pretty much leave it untouched while its in Cubase?

3. Recording bass.... my sister has a very cheap bass and no bass amp. Should I plug it in directly to my Fostex HD16 MTR and leave the tone completely unaffected, then import to Cubase and add effects/EQ to make it sound good? Yes I realize thats not the ideal way of doing things but in my circumstances I gotta work with what I got. Are there any VST's which would be particularly useful in this case??

EDIT:
4. I have old (but quality hi-fi speakers lying around. Is there anyway to use these as monitors for my computer or MTR?? my computer speakers are literally bottom of the barrell.

AAAAAAAND im spent......

Thanks
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Last edited by buzz at Nov 28, 2008,
we shall see.....

anyway its THREE questions. If anyone can even help me with just one, that'd be great. If YOU cant help me with any, then stfu
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by buzz
3. Recording bass.... my sister has a very cheap bass and no bass amp. Should I plug it in directly to my Fostex HD16 MTR and leave the tone completely unaffected, then import to Cubase and add effects/EQ to make it sound good? Yes I realize thats not the ideal way of doing things but in my circumstances I gotta work with what I got. Are there any VST's which would be particularly useful in this case??

Try to get a DI box and run that between the bass and MTR. IF you cant do that, just run into the line in and try to record a dry signal. Export to Cubse and plugin an amp model or something.

EDIT:
4. I have old (but quality hi-fi speakers lying around. Is there anyway to use these as monitors for my computer or MTR?? my computer speakers are literally bottom of the barrell.

AAAAAAAND im spent......
Thanks

Chances are they are passive (no amp in them) and so you will need to spend money on a power amp. At that point it's probably better to pay for some active studio monitors. KRK has some great ones for lower prices. Searching on ebay can get you good deals as well.

Quote by Nyrve
who would relly read souch a long text?

If that's your thought about it all, you are in the wrong place...
1. Contact Steinberg for help
2.Contact ImageLine for help
3 Im not recomending any vst's for you,why?..so you can run for your bittorrent to go steal them?

Quote by buzz
If YOU cant help me with any, then stfu

4. Take your own advice.....

Quote by buzz
By right you should get a warning for being abusive to him
dave would any DI box do? Theres pretty cheap ones around the 30euro mark. The Fostex has amp simulation, but it sounds like poo on guitar.... I assume worse with bass. Would a DI with effects added sound decent for now, as a last resort? Theres athread here somewhere where a guy had lots of effects in a VST pack.... must have a nose around for it.

Ill look into some proper monitors so. The speakers are probably not amazing, was just gonna use em if it was an easy thing!

PsychomanZ pull your panties out of the knot they're in, I made a valid point in that thread about you. If you dont like it, tough, get over yourself. Feel free to report me, I dont mind. Seems to be your style.
Thanks for your advice regards question 1 tho, the Cubase forum helped. There's a nudge feature which does what I needed, Ctrl + left/right.Anyway if you wanna be like that, then don't post in my threads or reference me in any way in future. bai bai
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Last edited by buzz at Nov 28, 2008,
For the whole bass issue, just plug in dry or with a DI then add some effects/eq in cubase. this should work out just fine for you. I have done this many times and gotten decent results.

Good luck,
-Ryan
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
For the whole bass issue, just plug in dry or with a DI then add some effects/eq in cubase. this should work out just fine for you. I have done this many times and gotten decent results.

Good luck,
-Ryan

cheers man, ill give it a try when im recording something that requires real bass.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX