The last job I had, I was fired with no reason given, without being told I was fired til a week later (initially claimed it was a scheduling conflict, turned out to be bull****). So, like any man out of a job, I file unemployment. Everything's going smoothly, with the amount of money I'd be getting confirmed and so forth, until I file my first claim.

I get a check for 0.00 in the mail, saying I'm ineligible for benefits. A few weeks pass by, and it's today. I get a letter in the mail, saying that I can't get unemployment because I apparently quit my job and refused to work.

Now, I don't recall quitting, and I have never refused to work. I believe this might all be over a weekend I took off because I was out of town, and he got pissed off over this (this was back at the end of September).

So, Pit, is there anything I can do to get justice?

tl;dr: Lies told by former employer caused me to lose out on unemployment, how do I overcome this?
Music Myspace

Quote by Kensai
Just don't do it in las vegas, new york or miami. Their CSI teams will find you and hunt you down without mercy.
Get a job?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by tayroar
Does anal sex hurt?

Yes =[

Quote by faultyy
Get a job?

I've been searching since I lost the last one, hasn't been going well, unfortunately.

The main reason I'm pissed off about this is because Christmas is coming up, and I've got a girlfriend and 3 younger siblings to look out for =/
Music Myspace

Quote by Kensai
Just don't do it in las vegas, new york or miami. Their CSI teams will find you and hunt you down without mercy.
Its really hard to get a job at the moment, everyones worried about the economy crisis...
I'm pretty sure these types of things vary from place to place, but definitely take a good look at the labour laws for your region. Bosses seem to like to ignore such things, so it's probably a good idea to familiarize yourself with them and, in this case, see what action you can take.
Quote by sargasm
I'm pretty sure these types of things vary from place to place, but definitely take a good look at the labour laws for your region. Bosses seem to like to ignore such things, so it's probably a good idea to familiarize yourself with them and, in this case, see what action you can take.

Thank you so much. I can write an appeal, mail it to the unemployment office, we'll see how this goes.

This guy's got a record for ****ing over employees, too. He also doesn't give two ****s about the store, stops in maybe half an hour every other week, doesn't order ****, and comes in drunk off his ass, which is pretty stupid.

Hopefully they'll agree with my appeal, though.
Music Myspace

Quote by Kensai
Quote by NASA Ninja
Thank you so much. I can write an appeal, mail it to the unemployment office, we'll see how this goes.

This guy's got a record for ****ing over employees, too. He also doesn't give two ****s about the store, stops in maybe half an hour every other week, doesn't order ****, and comes in drunk off his ass, which is pretty stupid.

Hopefully they'll agree with my appeal, though.

Bosses in general have a long and colourful history of screwing over their employees. Know your rights and don't take ****.
Quote by Gargantuan
I wouldn't mind getting ****ed by the man

Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
How's this for an appeal?

I recieved notification via mail that I am ineligable for enemployment wages due to voluntarily leaving my job, which was not the case. I did not choose to leave work, I was terminated with no prior notification after I took a weekend off because I was out of town, with no available transportation. Upon returning, I checked the work schedule, which I was not on, then phoned Mr. Greaney, asking if I still had a job, to which he said yes. This occured on September 29th. The Thursday after, I return to the store to check the schedule once again, where I was notified by another employee that Mr. Greaney told him to notify me of my termination.
Music Myspace

Quote by Kensai
Quote by NASA Ninja
How's this for an appeal?

I recieved notification via mail that I am ineligable for enemployment wages due to voluntarily leaving my job, which was not the case. I did not choose to leave work, I was terminated with no prior notification after I took a weekend off because I was out of town, with no available transportation. Upon returning, I checked the work schedule, which I was not on, then phoned Mr. Greaney, asking if I still had a job, to which he said yes. This occured on September 29th. The Thursday after, I return to the store to check the schedule once again, where I was notified by another employee that Mr. Greaney told him to notify me of my termination.

sounds alright
good luck, sounds like you got royally ****ed over
Quote by faultyy
Get a job?

**** that. The man ****ed him over so he should be allowed to freeload off of the man's system.

**** THE MAN, MAN!

Seriously, cash in on that unemployment while you can.
That appeal sounds good to me, talk to one of the lawyers/attourneys on UG for further advice but you do have a valid appeal. Be prepared though because your old boss may take you to court to try to scare you off or something, they always have a dick move up their sleeve.

Dirk Gently is an attourney but Im not sure if there are any lawyers on UG
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
Quote by SuPaGrAm
Dirk Gently is an attourney but Im not sure if there are any lawyers on UG

For a second I thought you were talking about the character Dirk Gently, not the UGer and I was like "no he's a holistic detective"