Would it be possible to have a switch that bypasses your volume switch straight to your output jack? I'd think you could use it on a 1V1T guitar kind of as a switch between quiet and loud without both volume knobs...

just a thought.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by seljer
yep, that can be done

a $1 SPDT switch is all you need
you need a DPDT to completely bypass the volume and tone controls.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yup. Connect the hot wire from the pup switch to the pole, and to one throw solder the jack hot and tho the other goes the volume/all other controls wired as normal.

Simple.
now would this be both pickps wired full on? or will it still just be the pickup as selected by the 3-way toggle?
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
now would this be both pickps wired full on? or will it still just be the pickup as selected by the 3-way toggle?
i could be ONE pickup, full on.

or it could be whatever pickups are selected on the 3-way toggle of a guitar with 1-volume, 1 tone.

you need to decide what it will do, before wiring it.

to do it properly and have BOTH pickups selected, regardless of the selector, would require a 3PDT switch.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I'm thinking of doing this on my build (1V1T), so if I were to wire it just infront of my output, would that allow me to have the choice of pickup?
------

Shwiggity.
with a DPDT you have two options. the option must be chosen before wiring.

option 1 = one pickup (decide which one before wiring) is sent directly to the output when in the bypass mode.

option 2 = the pickups selector still works as normal. the pickup or combination on the selector is sent directly to the output when in the bypass mode.

in either case, the volume and tone controls are bypassed when in the bypass mode.
and they work as normal in the normal mode.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I'm looking for the second option... sorry if I'm missing something but I'm pretty sick and cold meds don't do a lot for my cognitive processes. I'd like to be able to switch pickups even when I've got my "11-switch" on.
------

Shwiggity.
Okay, here ya go.

the pickups will really scream when in bypass mode. a little louder, a lot more treble. if they sound too shrill, let me know. i have a plan.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
would this work the same way with EMG's? being an active circuit and all?
------

Shwiggity.
this will work with EMGs but the tone won't change as much from full treble in normal mode to bypass mode. the tone of Passives are more affected by pot loading.
also, you should reduce the value of the pots to 25k and increase the value of the cap to 0.1 uF
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I'm more worried about the quiet/loud change as opposed to the 10/11 change (load change).

Considering what comes standard with the ZW set of EMG's, would I need to change anyhthing? (pots and cap as mentioned)

I've already got the pots installed, etc... just wondering about the swich as a return-to mod.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
Considering what comes standard with the ZW set of EMG's, would I need to change anyhthing? (pots and cap as mentioned)
just add the DPDT switch, either as a new 25k push-pull pot or as a separate mini toggle switch.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
thanks a load for your help SYK, you're the man.

Mods: I'm gonna keep this thread open for a bit just until I get back home for the break and have a chance to buy and install the switch... just incase there's a question or anything
------

Shwiggity.