Today I went to Guitar Center's Black Friday sale hoping to snag a MIM Standard Strat or a Jimmie Vaghan Strat. I went to the store and did a lot of searching and came across what was called a '60s Strat, used. I picked it up, plugged in, and it was heavenly, and the price was $329! I bought that sucker quick! I know one of the guys who works there, he told me it's a '60s Classic Series, and they should have sold it for $500, but he didn't change it. It's Ocean Turqouise with a rosewood fretboard. Also, perfect Surf and SRV tones!

My camera isn't very good, but this is what it looks like in person, though mine is Mexican and this one I'm posting is American. Talk about great deals, it's in perfect condition, no scratches, bumps or dings!

Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
thats a gorgeous finish.. hows it play?
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
It plays great. The action is pretty low, but I like that way, I'm not picky with action.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
nice couch. nice guitar as well. haha. sounds like a great deal.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Thanks, the couch has been here for a few years.
Quote by chip46
Man, you guys can imagine how happy I am, imagine going to buy a MIM Standard and coming home with this!
Quote by chip46
I have a question, this is my first guitar with a tremolo. When I push the bar all the way in, the back of the bridge comes up, it has done this on several guitars I've played, is that natural?
Quote by chip46
^ Yes thats the strings gettin more slack.. meaning a lower note
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307
^ Yes thats the strings gettin more slack.. meaning a lower note

So that won't hurt the bridge?
I'm lucky, the guys at my Guitar Center are cool. Most people complain about 10 year olds shredding, most people at mine play blues and rock. Though some dude was playing a SPider with full gain, *shudders*.
Quote by chip46
Quote by RhythmJay
That cant be an American Strat for that price

I know, I posted the pics of mine, and the one with the American sticker is just to show how mine actually looks since my camera sucks, it looks just like an American, though.
Quote by chip46
Anyone looking for a perfect SRV tone short of his replica Strat, buy a 60s era Strat or a Jimmie Vaughan, anyone looking to buy something guitar related, subscribe to their email newsletter, and you'll get a 15% off coupon.
Quote by chip46
Isn't that Lake Placid Blue? They don't do the Classic Series in Ocean Turquoise...

Anyways, awesome choice of guitar! They are pretty more expensive than that, and they sound pretty much like the American Vintages too. Better than the Jimmie Vaughn Strat by a long shot, in my opinion; you're basically paying for the name on that one. Meh, it's just preference, but I hate those Texas Special pickups on them. I prefer the sound of just vintage output pickups through a Vox AC30, that tone kicks major arse!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Nov 28, 2008,
gotta change your name to Stratopwnage
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by lespaul#1
Anyone looking for a perfect SRV tone short of his replica Strat, buy a 60s era Strat or a Jimmie Vaughan, anyone looking to buy something guitar related, subscribe to their email newsletter, and you'll get a 15% off coupon.

Tone comes mainly from the amp.
Yeah, it's Lake Placid Blue, but I prefer the Beach to a lake so... Did you mean I need to chane my name to Stratopwnage, or Stratobalster should?
Quote by chip46
Quote by A Rolling Stone
Man, what a HEAVENLY deal...my guitar center sucks lol

at least you have a GC. closest one from me is 9 hours away in Buffalo.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.