What if we gave each and every note a name. With the current system there are five notes (the black keys) that don't have names of their own but are referred as sharps or flats of neighbor notes that are named.

The notes will be named.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

Getting done with sharps flats and key signatures all together!

What do you think.
I think it's going to hinder you in music theory if you think like this.

It's just not how it's done. I doubt anybody sees any reason for it to go like this.
Getting done with sharps flats and key signatures all together!

Your system fails at every instrument that doesn't play in 12-TET. It's also damn near impossible to notate.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
the sharps and flats are the actual notes, just slightly adjusted for many purposes
a C# is still a C

there are actually 13 "black keys" between tones, thats as far as a human can hear at his best, they just split it half way to make it simple

google out for "microtonal music" where a quarter-tone notes are used =)
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
All the theory that is availabe today, is based on what we have now. What you wanna do is a waste of time, and won't affect the sound in anyway. If u made such a system for quartal notes, I can understand. But now it's just BS.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??