Hey people

I posted this same question in Y!Answers but nobody replied so I hope I'll have better luck here where people do know about guitars

Basically all I want to know is which of these 2 guitars you recommend me more:

Jackson DKMG
(http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-MG-Series-DKMG-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=514218)

OR

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
(http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=518451)

I'm into metal and hardcore and that's what I'm intending to play, that's why I chose guitars with those pickups. I've been playing for a year now and this would be my second guitar, is that too soon?

Thank you!
what's your current guitar and amp? do you need a floyd rose trem?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
whats your current amp? if your looking for better tone i wold suggest a new amp first since that will do more for your tone. since you have only been playing or a year i assume you still have a piece of garbage amp. anyway:

if yor not going to be using a tremello, do NOT get the jackson. floyds are just a pain if you intend on doing some huge bends, or unison bends. i thought floys were so cool once, than i got a guitar with a tremello, and i hated it. so i would HIGHLY suggest the schecter.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
C1 imo, but that's just me.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
well, the jackson has a floyd rose trem, and it will save you $50. But it also has the cheap EMGs, not the real deal. The schecter has the real EMGs that Zakk Wylde uses (just to give you an idea of tone). But I guess the cheap EMGs aren't too bad. It kind of comes down to whether or not you want the floyd rose trem. ANd you say you are into hardcore metal which usually involves divebombing, so the jackson with the floyd rose will let you pull off divebombs. Hope I helped!
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
thanks ppl I decided imma go with the schecter Btw I've got a piece of crap yamaha amp that came with my yamaha starter pack, it's 15 watt I think...
so what amp would u recommend?
Quote by LuisAceituno
thanks ppl I decided imma go with the schecter Btw I've got a piece of crap yamaha amp that came with my yamaha starter pack, it's 15 watt I think...
so what amp would u recommend?

Peavey Vypyr
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Cube
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Roland cube or Vox AD30VT-XL
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
right now any amp can be an upgrade. how much are you willing to spend? FOr $360 on musiciansfriend you can get a B-52 AT-112 All-Tube 60W Combo. Pretty good for the price. I hear it has pretty good distortion and cleans. Me myself wants to save up for a Peavey ValveKing Half Stack. $900 for 100W of all tube!
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Quote by a7xsteve
well, the jackson has a floyd rose trem, and it will save you $50. But it also has the cheap EMGs, not the real deal. The schecter has the real EMGs that Zakk Wylde uses (just to give you an idea of tone). But I guess the cheap EMGs aren't too bad. It kind of comes down to whether or not you want the floyd rose trem. ANd you say you are into hardcore metal which usually involves divebombing, so the jackson with the floyd rose will let you pull off divebombs. Hope I helped!

Cheap EMG's?

The Jackson doesn't come with EMG Hz's it comes with the proper 81 & 85 set.
The only difference between Zakk Wydles set and the standard 81 & 85 set is that the ZK set has longer pots, for the Les Paul.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page