What is the best metal guitar for $500 give or take a little. I play mostly Metallica and Megadeth, but occasionally I tune to drop C and D. I was looking at a Schecter C-1 FR, a Schecter Stiletto with FR, and a Jackson DXMG. Which is the best value for this price range? Also, I'm playing through a Behringer V-Tone GM 108 and Digitech RP200A.
I've had an ESP/LTD EX-50 for two years and it's taken me to where I am right now. It won't last much longer though, I'm probably buying a new guitar tomorrow.

My point is, it goes off the shelf for roughly $500 (probably less, we've got mean taxes in Sweden) and it's a really nice and easily-played guitar. However, if you want a little more "style", you could go for a PRS SE Custom or an SE Singlecut Trem or something like that. The PRS SEs are better than some american made guitars, I've heard. I've never tried an SE though, only played on american-made PRSs.
If you already have an electric guitar, save for an EX-400. It will be the greatest buy in your life. If this is your first guitar, buy the cheapest thing you can find. Either way, I highly recommend ESP.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
If you already have an electric guitar, save for an EX-400. It will be the greatest buy in your life. If this is your first guitar, buy the cheapest thing you can find. Either way, I highly recommend ESP.

I think the EX-400 is a bit out of my price range, and I'm not partial to the Xplorer shape and feel.
I'll have to agree with JiMMY about the ESP-thing. And yes, an EX-400 is awesome, but if you don't much like extreme shapes, then I would recommend an LTD EC or maybe a Viper. In any case, the LTDs are a lot of guitar for your money.
def esp or schecter
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
look at some michael kelly guitars
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
Washburn X40 Pro/ X50 Pro/ X50 Pro-FE for defo.

EDIT:
Maybe not the X40, I forgot washburns are actually cheaper here.
Gear:
Washburn X-40 Pro
Washburn X-40
Yamaha RGX 320s custom (with Duncans)
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Yamaha Pacfica 120V (lol)
Encore Strat pile of **** (mega lol)
Saving for new amp
Last edited by HMTarnus at Dec 2, 2008,
Possibly a bit expensive but you really can't go wrong with the Dean Razorback... And you might be able to find it cheap enough if you take a good look