ive gotten really good at sweep picking, but i realized its pointless if i cant write my own sweep passages, say im in Gmaj, could somebody explain what arpeggios i could use?
-|-\/\/()/\/_V/\/\()|_|(
=============)
The theory sticky and the crusades articles cover chord construction.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by anonymous564
ive gotten really good at sweep picking, but i realized its pointless if i cant write my own sweep passages, say im in Gmaj, could somebody explain what arpeggios i could use?

That statement is relevant to every single Guitar technique.
Quote by anonymous564
Depends on the chord playing. Generally you should use the same arpeggio as the chord playing (possibly with some notes thrown in). Leave it at that if you're not the best with theory.

WARNING: POTENTIALLY CONFUSING INFOMATION
But, you can use arpeggios from: major chords that are a minor third higher for minor chords, from minor chords that are a major third higher for major chords and from diminished chords that are a major third higher for dominant chords. This idea was used alot by coltrane and other beboppers.

For example, if the chord playing was G7, I could also use Bm7b5 arpeggios. If the chord playing was F#maj7, I could also A#m arpeggios. If the chord playing was Dbm7, I could also use Fbmaj arpeggios.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Just use arpeggios that sound good together lol.

That doesn't help him at all (and why did you add "lol"?)
Why did you bump this thread?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
That doesn't help him at all (and why did you add "lol"?)
Why did you bump this thread?

why are you policing it?
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
Quote by `NeXxuS`
why are you policing it?

Because bumping old threads for no reason is against the rules. You know, the ones you agreed to follow when you signed up for the forum.