Poll: what can improve my tone
Poll Options
View poll results: what can improve my tone
bad monkey
5 83%
dimarzio d-activator
1 17%
Voters: 6.
well i got money today and i dont know whether it would be better to buy a new pup possibly a Dimarzio D-activator or instead buy the bad monkey so i can tighten up the sound on my b52 so i want to know what would make a bigger better difference sound wise?

i want to get sounds like killswitch engage,lamb of god and the black dahlia.
ƒuck your nuts
Last edited by meanppls7 at Nov 28, 2008,
i would say bad monkey, cause then u don't have 2 go through the trouble of swapping them. i have a digitech Death Metal pedal and it's sick, totally changed my sound. u should try that one too.
Quote by Iron_Maiden§
i would say bad monkey, cause then u don't have 2 go through the trouble of swapping them. i have a digitech Death Metal pedal and it's sick, totally changed my sound. u should try that one too.

well i think my amp has enough distortion already im just look for something that will tighten up my sound or make it heavier. but i might give it a try
ƒuck your nuts
what are you unsatisfied with in your sound?
if its too loose or fizzy then get the overdrive and turn the gain down on the amp, level up on the amp.

if your tone is tight but you cant get rid of the mud with that certain guitar, try other guitars witjh different pickups in it and find what pickups sound best .

ive never tried that amp so i cant give a straight answer sorry.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
If you have a dimebucker in the bridge I'd look for another bridge pup. I don't know if that one would necessarily suit you well, but anything has got to be better than a dimebucker.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i guess what im gonna do is buy the bad monkey and mess around with it for a while and if that wasn't what i needed ill return it then ill just buy a new pickup because yes the dimebucker IS muddy
ƒuck your nuts
Last edited by meanppls7 at Nov 28, 2008,