What are some busking tips for a first timer.
I'm not looking for what songs to play but more what times to do it, where to pitch...things like that
or anything you've seen work well
thanks
Seed your money pot with a five dollar bill and some coins so people think other people already gave you money.
your thread is totally useless without naming the city you're in.
laws vary by the location and that's the first thing you should concern yourself with.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Assuming you're busking for money, empty your case/whatever, except for a few coins periodically.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Do you have a licence? wouldn't want to get fined before you make any money.

The best busker I've ever seen was standing outside a school playing Frank Zappa covers, was hilarious watching people try to move him on every 10mins, only for him to come back when they left
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Dinner time, outside shopping centres, make sure the weather isn't terrible. Just very much in the city centre, near shops where people come out with a bit o' change. Me and and a couple of mates did it in Manchester and made abour £60.

Lovely little money spinner.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

how do you get a licence for it and what types of places can you go without needing a licence

EDIT

i'm in a small city, port clinton ohio, and won't get much here, but could go to sandusky, cleavland, toledo, or put-in-bay, we are a tourist town, and it would be good in this are in the summer
Last edited by bderivan at Nov 28, 2008,
what country are you in?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

the u.s.
busking is basically any type of street performance, but in this situation we're talking about playing music on the street for money
I'm not completely sure about america, think it's different depending on what state you're in

Quote by bderivan
the u.s.
busking is basically any type of street performance, but in this situation we're talking about playing music on the street for money

Oh, I've seen people do that with guitars, saxaphones, etc. in Chicago, but i dunno about any where else.
Sail upon the open skies
I plan to go this summer to busk down at the beach. We sometimes get tonnes of people on really warm days (I live in a rural villiage, which barely counts as a villiage seeing as there's no shops! but we have a beautiful beach). Play to the crowd to get as much money as possible (Girls Aloud & Bee-Gees ftw!!!)