heya

im looking for an electric drum kit so that i can add drums to my songs.
Any idea's for electric drum kits within £300 that you can record with?
So far i can only think of Alesis DM5 Pro

Thx in advance
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
None of tht ion crap either
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by slash-120
From what I've seen the Alesis dm5 pro looks like the best low end model for the money.
Just go and try it out. You'll probably be told to get a roland v drum, I don't know many people who can afford them though.

Yep the Rolands are quite expensive. I have a Yamaha DTXpress 3. I don't know how much it would be since the DTXpress 4 has come out, but it's pretty good. Sounds good recorded as well.
I don't know much about Alesis so I can't help you there, sorry
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

Awww crap no1 know alot bout alesis then?
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Well, do you want it to make sounds, or are you fine having it as a MIDI controller for software drums? They have a new kit with the interesting SURGE cymbals that's just that.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Mostly as MIDI controller because im usuing it for recording, is it possible to record with it?
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Yeah, of course. You get the MIDI track and a plugin (the drums comes with a light version) in a sequencer like Cubase, and you'll get a sound as long as the plugin goes to the main output.

There are ways to bounce MIDI so it becomes an audio track. This does take some time, and isn't easy to correct, but you can then modify it like normal audio.

Btw, does it have to be as a drum kit? There are plenty of high quality triggers like AKAI MPD and Korg pad series (including the supercheap nanoPAD) that can do MIDI (and some can even accept a pedal to do beats kick-style).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Dec 2, 2008,