Page 1 of 2
This is by far my favorite anime series. Really my fav series of anything.

Anyone seen the series, you can find the episodes on youtube, watch the japanese version, with english sub, it's way better. But warning if you look up the episodes, then contain nudity and extreme gore.

Also it's very very sad.

(Thread may contain spoilers)

Edit:
If you want links to the 1st episode on youtube pm me, it's the version with english subs. If you cant find an episode on youtube search google video. If an episode absolutely can't be found, it'll show up eventually, they're always being uploaded and taken down.
Last edited by stratkat at Nov 28, 2008,
There's so much unnecessary nudity in it. Not that I'm complaining...

Good series.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I can't say it's very good. It's driven by gratuitous violence and fanservice. Despite that, I found it entertaining and very moving. It's one of the saddest anime I've seen. I enjoyed watching it very much.

Quote by walkinbazooka
There's so much unnecessary nudity in it. Not that I'm complaining...

Good series.

It's a decent series, not a good one. Even though I enjoyed it immensely, I can't say it's outstanding in quality.

Quality just doesn't always matter if something grows on you in a certain way.
Last edited by Trefellin at Nov 28, 2008,
I cried at the Last Episode, I thought it was an incredible anime but far too short.
That being said, I usually avoid most things from Japan.
I watched it, was a brilliant series.

Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion (series AND movies), that's even more ****ed.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I think it's beautiful, it's sad to begin with, but Lucy and the main character's meeting when they were kids makes it so sad. She felt so betrayed, then to meet him again, a really really unlikely coincidence, but it makes a good story.

Maya's background story's very sad so
Quote by Gregoric
I watched it, was a brilliant series.

Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion (series AND movies), that's even more ****ed.

It's an awesome series too. I missed the last few episodes when it aired in America, I haven't gotten around to seeing the rest.
Quote by Trefellin
I can't say it's very good. It's driven by gratuitous violence and fanservice. Despite that, I found it entertaining and very moving. It's one of the saddest anime I've seen. I enjoyed watching it very much.

It's a decent series, not a good one. Even though I enjoyed it immensely, I can't say it's outstanding in quality.

Quality just doesn't always matter if something grows on you in a certain way.

Okay, it's not good. I liked it.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Why does anyone enjoy anything?

Because anything would be more enjoyable.
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Yeah, because only your opinion and personal interests have any relevance.

Indeed!
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Indeed!

Are you talking about anime in general or what the TS has wrote about?
Why do people dislike anime so much, I love watching cartoons, american ones though are often crude in quality and in quantity of japanese ones. So I guess it makes me a nerdXD, or childish. (answered my own question)

Magna is way to expensive, i read through them in no time, then i'm like, why the hell did i spend 10 buck on this?
Quote by stratkat
I think it's beautiful, it's sad to begin with, but Lucy and the main character's meeting when they were kids makes it so sad. She felt so betrayed, then to meet him again, a really really unlikely coincidence, but it makes a good story.

It's an awesome series too. I missed the last few episodes when it aired in America, I haven't gotten around to seeing the rest.

OMG you've gotta watch the last Eps then watch the end of evangelion movie. It's the best movie I've ever seen in my life, breathtaking.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Gregoric
OMG you've gotta watch the last Eps then watch the end of evangelion movie. It's the best movie I've ever seen in my life, breathtaking.

I'll see if i can find it on youtube or something, or download it. I've really been wanting to finish it, I just prcrastinate. I wasn't aware their was a movie.
I've also been trying ot follow code geass lately, but adult swim keeps changing it around the schedule, i found a site with all the episodes can be streamed, but like i said i procrastinateXD.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Are you talking about anime in general or what the TS has wrote about?

Anime in general. I just don't understand the obsession!
Quote by Pagan-Pie

Seeing as your here.. We can assume you like guitar, right?

Well there you go, you should be able to understand what it means to like something.
Quote by Pagan-Pie

I got into it for the quality of the Art mainly. Not only that but they tell really good stories and they're not as boring and predicatable and hegemonic as Hollywood.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Seeing as your here.. We can assume you like guitar, right?

Well there you go, you should be able to understand what it means to like something.

That'd be true, if everyone who liked anime was an artist:]
I kinda feel that way since a lot of anime have very detailed drawing's for an animation, and i'm going to (hopefully) have a career in graphic design.
Quote by Pagan-Pie

Mainly people like the storylines, just like any other programme. People like the art too.

And before you start, its not all about battling seizure robots.
Quote by stratkat
That'd be true, if everyone who liked anime was an artist:]
I kinda feel that way since a lot of anime have very detailed drawing's for an animation, and i'm going to (hopefully) have a career in graphic design.

It was an example.
Is everyone who likes football a football player?
Quote by stratkat

Oh god, I forgot about Maya's story
Quote by Trefellin
Me too.

Glad that's sorted.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by sakura'sdarkest
Oh god, I forgot about Maya's story

I know, and it's a story that's so relatable to a lot of people
That someone could do that to such a sweet little girl
And then her mother doing nothing, even getting angry about it.

When that one bitch took her dog that was bad
I know that her story ends fairly happily but i don't want to spoil it.
It's damn sick. I love it. So brilliant. Elfen Lied and Evangelion are clearly the best animes out there. Though I'm not an otaku. These are the only serious animes that I watched.
I used to watch Pokemon, Dragon Ball, and Lupin when I was a little kid. Though I wouldn't classify them as serious. Except for Lupin. Lupin is awesome .

I tried to get into Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto, but couldn't. They are too silly for me. I did like the first chapters of Cowboy Bebop, but then my internet connection went back to 256kb so I couldn't keep watching it .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Nov 28, 2008,
I found that there were many funny parts as well as horrific ones in the series. Just like Evangelion, you forget that there is also humour in it. Like Yuka catching Kohta in indecent situations with Nyu.
Quote by Trefellin
I found that there were many funny parts as well as horrific ones in the series. Just like Evangelion, you forget that there is also humour in it. Like Yuka catching Kohta in indecent situations with Nyu.

YeahXD
she got upset over those things.
I found it humorous when she asked if he'd like to suck on her breastsO.o
I still thought they were really cousins by blood, not marriage or w/e.
^ Yeah.

Quote by urik
It's damn sick. I love it. So brilliant. Elfen Lied and Evangelion are clearly the best animes out there. Though I'm not an otaku. These are the only serious animes that I watched.

No, they aren't the best. They are amongst my top favourites but they really aren't perfect. Elfen Lied is filled with cheap, gratuitous nudity and shock violence. It's damn slow in some parts too.

There are better anime series' than those two.

Elfen Lied and Evangelion just have this odd endearing quality to them. I love them both, they are like a cult films.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
too gory. I like my Death Note.

I liked that too though I didn't like how the game of cat and mouse got more and more ridiculous as it went on. Near wasn't believable at all. It would've been better as a shorter series in my opinion.

One thing that's great about Elfen Lied is the intro with Gustav Klimt paintings and "Lillium." It's an awesome, emotional song that fits the series nicely.
i never watched anime till a few weeks ago, but was pursuaded by a freind and its great. i really like neon genesis evangelion, princess mononoke, steamboy and akira.(as you can see i prefer films to series shows).

it is just as entertaining as any other type of film or tv show
Page 1 of 2