Hey fellas, I have some simple questions about effects pedal accessories (as in for the pedals).

1. Do pedalboards come with adapters for effects pedals (i.e. do I need to buy wall outlet converters for each pedal or would it be good to invest in a pedalboard)?

2. Do pedalboards come with the shortened cords you see in display pictures or do I buy those separately if I get a pedalboard?

3. I'm more mainly interested in not having to buy converters for every single pedal, that cost adds up quickly. Are there any other solutions besides batteries and wall outlet converters? If so, what is the best solution?

I guess as a final question:

4. For you people who have multiple pedals, how do you do it? How do you power them and connect them?

Thanks!
1. some pedals boards do, some dont.
2. ive never seen one that does.
3.im not sure.
4. i dont use a pedal board. i only use 3 pedals.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
You need to buy the little cables most of the time. A common solution for those with pedals fixed to pedal boards are solderless build your own patch cable kits. George L's are very popular. They work very well in this instance as the cables shouldn't be moving to much.

You can buy a variety of power solutions. Most are either a block to which you attack a pedal directly, or you can get daisy chain style adaptors. If you give a list of your pedals and their voltage and power requirements (some digital pedals need a lot of power), then we could offer suitable suggestions.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by CanasClone
So did you have to buy converters for all of those?

i prefer the sound of batteries to be honest. but my univibe clone came with an adapter though.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
That sounds almost like the most expensive solution though. I understand that the answer to this question is slightly subjective, but how much do you spend each month on batteries for your pedals do you think?
Quote by CanasClone
That sounds almost like the most expensive solution though. I understand that the answer to this question is slightly subjective, but how much do you spend each month on batteries for your pedals do you think?

well lets see, 3 pedals, they each use one battery each. a 9 volt (if you know where to buy it) costs me $1 US each. that adds up to about, ummmm $3 a month.

also, some types of effects i dont notice a difference in using batteries vs adaptors. on my univbe thing i will use the adaptor depending on how many outlets i have at my disposal on stage.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
=/ That's pretty expensive (x12 months=36 bucks a year so after only like 2 years you'll have spent more than you would have if you'd invested in adapters). Does anyone else have recommendations?
some pedals come with adaptors.
and although it does add up, in real life 3 dollars is not even noticable (if you have an income).
I lose more moeny in dropping change in my couch than i do spending 3 bucks for some batteries each month. plus i get that money back because i write it off my taxes.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.