Last year around this time I started to take a journey to find out why my Ibanez s470 had fret buzz throughout the low E string. In the process of adjusting things such as the trem system for instance I got a little wrench happy I suppose. So Im sitting there twisting the to hex screws around the trem or the bridge w/e its called and I notice the whole system is detaching from my guitar. I figure hey Ill take this peice on of and check it out. Once I get it about 1 or 2 inches off I start to hear TINK, TINK, dadink, TINK. All I could think is wow I just ruined my guitar, I just tore up this $650 guitar. So I get to taking the spring tension cover off the back to check out what I messed up And I notice that the springs are streching through my guitar to the trem system so Immediately I tightened down my trem back to the way It was and I noticed then that the springs were slightly bent, one of them moreso then the other. So I took the springs out and they were perfectly straight except for the hook was bent so I straightened these hooks out and fortunately they didnt break. Whew I was releaved and I couldnt get my guitar tuned up any faster to make sure nothing was wrong with it. So I fixed my guitar back, but in the process of breaking it to fix the fret buzz I never got rid of that annoying problem. I had raised my action and it went away, but when I noticed that the action was a good bit higher then the factory settings I put it back. I guess I'll have to take it to a guitar shop or something. The lesson I learned is to take the springs out the back of the guitar before removing the Bridge/ trem system "common since".
tl; dr

but you probably are retarded.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
haha look at me, look at me :0 This is my strong hand I like to play guitar with.
i'm so reading that....pause ..NOT
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
wow...I can't believe I just read all that.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
i read this while changing strings on my ibanez S

irony
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Um what was the purpose of this thread.

oh and for the TL;DR people, basically he ****ed with his guitar's ZR trying to fix something and almost killed the thing.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
wow...I can't believe I just read all that.
Thats hilarious, by the way what does tl; dr mean ???
Quote by rebel624

That's odd seeing as I wasn't trying to be hilarious....and I was wondering the same thing myself with the tl; dr

My guess:

Too long, didn't read.

just a guess though.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by HLrocker
That's odd seeing as I wasn't trying to be hilarious....and I was wondering the same thing myself with the tl; dr

My guess:

Too long, didn't read.

just a guess though.
yep
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Um what was the purpose of this thread.

oh and for the TL;DR people, basically he ****ed with his guitar's ZR trying to fix something and almost killed the thing.

Are ZRs particularly complicated as far as FRs go?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
lol thats a good guess. First thing that came to my mind is totally dumb retard and then I realized totally couldnt make up for the T and the L
Quote by Gregoric

Nah, I think they're easier honestly... the ZPS makes life much easier from what I've heard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by Gregoric
tl; dr

Sig'd
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Even a retard can spell RETARDED Properly.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
lol I spelled retarted haha thats because I heard this comedian say retarded like retarted and I was like I must have been saying retarded wrong this whole time. LOL never take advise from a retarded comedian!
Ever heard of a paragraph ?

You should be careful when tinkering with FR's if you don't know what your doing, most Ibanez guitars have a manual that teaches you how to adjust your bridge [although i've only experienced the prestige models] Take it to a pro mate.
Quote by rebel624

it means, some people are spending way too much time on line.
me included.

Even a retard can spell RETARDED Properly.

every time we get a title wt retarded in it. it's always spelled wrong. irony much?

i see a lot of Z threads, where the owner is pissed. but i think it's because there isnt a lot of info out on them.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Gregoric
tl; dr

That was my reaction too.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.